Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer repairs in Limerick

• 16-04-2002 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Hello! Well my comical problems with my pc have continued, despite my getting an Epox 8KHA+. I'm not too upset seen as I'm away from the pc at the moment, but if this isn't sorted by summer then I might go nuts. Anyway, I need help from a store set up to do this kind of thing, as I don't have the parts or knowledge to sort it out. So does anyone know of a good place to bring it to? Some places in the Golden pages appear to be out of business.

Also, what is a reasonable price for having a look at a pc? The only place I managed to get in touch with last weekend had a basic charge of €65 just to look at the pc, and while this is probably all that will be needed it seems a bit harsh.Maybe thats just because all I think will be needed is to test the cpu, RAM and mobo...all of which are practically brand new... /me shrugs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

i have the impression that most of the people here are fixing the pc's themselfs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

If you can ship the stuff to kildare I'll fix the machine, for much less than a shop. Most shops will charge at least 50 - 60 euro an hour, and a minimum of an hour. If something is broken I'll know pretty much straight away, and I won't charge €65.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

We are way under priced :D we only charge €30 an hour.Id say send it to Gerry as he does know his onions.If your really reluctant to send it to Kildare we are based in Cloughjordan just outside nenagh.As for just looking at it unfortunately anyone can look not so many can actualy tell you whats wrong with it thats what your paying for knowlege.

Stone:D

Advertisement