Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

debugging a dll

Options
  • 16-04-2002 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

I'm after getting the dll linked to the java app, however something isn't working.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to debug a dll? I've compiled the dll using Visual studio

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you have compiled it with debug code then it should be able to watch it in a debugger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

nope can't the only way I know of that I'd be able to debug it is if I have it linked to a c++ program and I debug that app.

But I'm linking it to a java app and I can't debug the dll through jbuilder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

If your using Visual C++ there is an "Attach to process" option in the debug menu that you can use. Just attach to the java program when it is running. There may be a few extra thing's you have to do to get it working properly, but you should be able to find out more info elsewhere on the web (MSDN comes to mind). Other debuggers have similar options...

Zab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

simply putting assert(false) into the C++ code does the trick too.
    So when it hits the assert I hit retry, and off I go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

In Visual Studio with your DLL project open, under Project|Settings|Debug, you can specify an executable for your Debug session (in this case your Java app). Then just set your breakpoints, hit F5 and off you go as normal.

It's worked for me many times in the past.

K

• Advertisement
Advertisement