Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Point and Click

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

grim fandango!
    simon the sorcerer!

the latter being my favourite of all time (being the first one i ever played and totally addicted).

either way i voted for day of the tentacle because of its sheer craziness, le chucks revenge would be my second choice on that list though.. bloody hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Monkey island 2, sam and max, and I cant believe no-one picked Day ot the tentacle, the cd version is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Originally posted by GreenHell
    Yes and the dig. I won't place them in it because, honesty do you think it compares to the list there?

Not as good yeah!
    But the first as far as i know, and some people like nostalgia...........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

thank god u didnt include monkey island 4, what a load of tripe!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

DOTT was possibly the best game I have played in my life.
    The funnys are still with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    thank god u didnt include monkey island 4, what a load of tripe!

MI4 was very good not as good as the first 3, possibly 4 but it was worthy of the MI title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

broken sword (especially the first one) tho imo nothing can beat indiana jones and the last crusade!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

1. day of the tentacle. (was hoagie the first slacker ever in a game?)
    2. sam n'max (comic genius of a game)
    3. beneath the steel sky (i liked this one)

others discworld, monkey island and the broken sword series due to sheer brilliance.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I thought the Dig was waaay too short.

DOTT was my first ever point & click. I bought it when I got my first Sound Blaster - sheer bliss. Laugh after laugh.

M.I. second, Broken Sword 1 would be my third choice, closely followed by Beneath the Steel Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

How could anyone forget Cannon Fodder?
    For shame, FOR SHAME!

"War, nevah been so much fun,
    War, nevah been so much fun,
    Go to your brother,
    Kill him with your gun,
    Leave him lying in his uniform,
    Dying in the Sun,
    War, nevah been so much fun....."

Sensible pwned.

Have Loom at home still for the PC, and a Spanish version of DOTT. Don't ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

I was addicted to these games when i was younger,
    Theres loads u left out.

Full Throttle
    Simon the Sorcerer 1 and i think theres a 2 aswell.
    Discworld 1,2, and Noir(Havnt played Noir but its like GrimFandango)
    Another World: kinda point and click and kinda platform.
    FlashBack :like another world, i think it was the sequel....
    Operation Stealth it was fairly poor graphics wise but some good puzzles.

I've beaten nearly all except that damn Blade Runner, took too long got bored.
    I could never find a copy of Discworld 1, its supposed to be very,very hard. Discworld 2 is great though and Noir is supposed to be good aswell.

For those of you that havnt played Broken Sword 2, dont waste your money, its severely sh!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

I loved the Day of the Tentacle.

The Gabriel Knight Series was also very good, and Phantasmagoria.
    Broken Sword were ok.
    Monkey Island are good, but the Day of the Tentacle was so funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Did you know that Day of the Tentacle was the sequel to "Maniac Mansion"? Well it was! Maniac Mansion was great because it had a load of different endings, and the game changed when you picked different characters. Also it was possible to "die" in the game, unlike the later ones.

Maniac Mansion was the first point and click I played, but then came "Zak McKracken And the Alien Mindbenders" which was also done by Lucasarts. That also rocked an teach.

Then 1990 came along and "The Secret of Monkey Island" hit the shelves. I had an Amiga 500 at the time and I used to rent games from Computer City which was on Cathal Brugha St (I think the name of it is) near the top of O'Connell Street.

Anyway I rented Monkey Island, brought it home, copied the disks and also *made my own copy protection wheel* thing from copying the symbols on the one you got with the game!! And you thought Guybrush Threepwood was a good pirate?

Monkey Island was my favourite game ever at that point, but when Monkey Island 2 came out I loved that even more. After that I got Sam and Max and Day of the Tentacle, but Monkey Island II on the Amiga, excellent music, great graphics, funny as hell, ah nostalga.

There's a good Monkey Island webpage here: http://www.scummbar.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by Son of Blam
    And you thought Guybrush Threepwood was a good pirate?

*cringes*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I love Day of the Tentacle :)

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Would anyone like to sell/swap me a copy of Discworld for the Playstation?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Poll closed, destickied. Monkey Island is teh wineir. All is well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

Originally posted by Son of Blam
    Did you know that Day of the Tentacle was the sequel to "Maniac Mansion"? Well it was! Maniac Mansion was great because it had a load of different endings, and the game changed when you picked different characters. Also it was possible to "die" in the game, unlike the later ones.

Crikey that brings back memories.....
    Maniac Mansion was actually included in the Day of the Tentacle, as an in game, game type thingy. I tried it but it was well hard so i went back to playing the DotT.

Advertisement