Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance quote question

Options
  • 16-04-2002 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick query with regard to an insurance quote

Details first:

Driving a '99 Toyota Corolla (first car, purchased last April)

Last year:
    Insurer (cheapest quote): AXA
    Cost: £2300 (equivalent EUR 2920)
    Licence: Provisional

This year:
    Insurer (cheapest quote): Weightway
    Cost: EUR 1325 (equivalent £1043)
    Licence: Full (passed test a month ago)
    Obviously a one-year no claims built up since last year

Question is semi-obvious. Can my aging by one calendar year and passing my test have made that much difference in my quote? Or is there some other odd reason I'm not aware of? As can be seen from the figures, this years quote is less than half of last years (not that I'm one for looking a gift horse in the mouth, but Timeo Daneos et Dona Ferentes, as my Latin teacher would have said, had I had one)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Most insurance comapanies have 27 years old as the reference point for when "young males" become "mature adults" I guess.

Passing the test would've knocked a couple of hundred off it too.

I hate you. No offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ah none taken - thanks for the info.

I was lucky in that I didn't need a car until I went and got a car, in other words I haven't ever been in a position where a car was indispensible for work.

Advertisement