Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stock Market

Options
  • 16-04-2002 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

Following the memories of the discussion about the stock market and investment in various companies... well i thought i'd stick this up and see if anyone can remember or is even interested.

As i recall there were some mad people with portfolios in their parents name.

This is what *I* want to do, all the research and stuff, anyone got and interesting tit-bits, etc. ?

Could, might possible get to get an interview for a summer job in a stock brokers if i play my tini-tiny cards right.

Anyone here work on investments for parents, etc. ?

or do people think its silly?

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

well I was given a present of about £500 of BOI shares - about 85 I think - which will be very handy some day :)

I spent £300 and bought myself 175 medisys shares at £1.41 Sterling - and now their at 65p :( - must sell them sometime - cut my losses

yeah the stock market is fun - personally I like small amounts of money on high risk shares

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Do people think their parents should include them in stock discussion, or should they leave it till they're older and they get to look for themselves.

My dad's always explained the stuff to me and so i think i've a much better chance at understanding, ye?

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

I had a few Guinness Ireland shares, but that changed to Diageo, then to Guinness UDV and back then to Diageo so I don't know how they're doing. I think they're in the FTSE 100. The Stock Market is fun. Mark is right, small amounts of money in high risk shares is the best way to play it. Hmmm, I think Elan are the shares to buy now. They'll be bought by someone else soon, so the price will rise.

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Um... i don't have the patience for stocks but like financial risks so i ... GAMBLE! small amounts on high stakers! it's the most fun way! rarely pays off, but it's just the most fun. So i like it.

Advertisement