Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook XP

• 16-04-2002 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Recently installed Office XP Small business edition on my Win XP Pro computer. a couple of days ago I noticed that when I start up Outlook XP the 'New', 'Reply', 'Reply to all' and 'Forward' buttons are greyed out.. as are most of the menu options when i double click an email in my inbox. I can still send and recieve and sometimes if I close and reopen outlook I can click reply. However when I get into the reply window it wont let me type and "This command is locked for edit" appears in the status bar...

Any ideas on how to cure my ailing outlook?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Jpaulik

Did you register it online, or does that version not enforce it ? It might be something to do with that. ( I have the corp edition and it doesn't require it )

Theres a servicepack out now office XP, maybe download it and try it out. I'd do an uninstall and reinstall, it should be quick enough for just Outlook XP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Jpaulik
    Did you register it online, or does that version not enforce it ?

think youve hit the nail on the head there.. its happening throughout the office xp suite so I need to remove it and put 2k back in...

aaaaanyway

Advertisement