Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iarnród Éireann

• 16-04-2002 10:45pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Going for my apptitude test on Saturday morning.. anyone work for the company want to comment/advise me on anything please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by OJ
    Going for my apptitude test on Saturday morning.. anyone work for the company want to comment/advise me on anything please?

what are you going for?
    train driver?

i can imagine you with your big train drivers hat on, blowing your whistle...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Electriction
    fitter/turner

Thats what I applied for.. forogt to mention it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

My brother works for them I can give him a buzz later if you still need info...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yea, I'd appreacate that!
    Ask him how the staff are, does he work much O/T
    Is it a lot of studying to do etc. anything at all ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

If you coming in as an apprentice then you will go on block release to FAS for a couple months a year. They have a Training center there too. Apprenticeship is a 4 year training period. There is lots of Overtime but with the European 48hr week there'll be less in future he guesses. Not sure if you get any OT as an apprentice though...

As for the particular job you are going for, he works in a different department and has been with them for a long while, so he is iffy on what the current entrance tests are like, he remembers some IQ type test with cog wheels and such and maybe a dexterity test (not sure they still do this).

Overall he likes it there and while pay rates may not be as high as some in the commercial sector you have a more secure job, decent Overtime currently and there are plenty of nice people working there :)

Hope that will help you some.

- Spunj

• Advertisement

Just did the Appitude test there, hate those thigns with very little time :/ are you based on those when you get called for the interview? Don't think I did that bad, didn't get the maths or shapes compleated.. :(

Advertisement