Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Theory test questions

Options
  • 16-04-2002 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question.

Do they ask you about stopping distances on the theory test?
    Have my test on tuesday just need to know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Yes, there are 2 or 3 questions I think on stopping distances (out of the 350 or soquestions they have to choose from in total). If memory serves, 1/2 question(s) is about stopping distance in dry weather, and there's one about wet weather.

Actually, out of all the questions, these ones struck me as being a bit stupid, surely the stopping distance of a car is different depending on a load of factors like the brakes, tyres, road surface, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah there's 3 methinks too.

1 about 30mph in the dry, 1 about 60mph in the dry, and one about 60mph in the wet.

There may also be one about 30mph in the wet, but I'm not sure.

Only 4.

30mph dry =~ 26-34m
    60mph dry =~ 72m (I remember this one perfectly)
    30mph wet =~ 50-62m
    60mph wet = ~ 140-155m

They assume a proper working car in the questions

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

yes but obvisouly a fully laden Volvo Estate will have a completely different braking distance to an unladen Fiat Punto!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

I got a CD with sample tests on it. All in the same layout as the real thing. I failed it on my first go but since then, I've only got at most 1 wrong. It's p1ss easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I sat the theory test about 4 weeks ago, there were no questions on stopping distances, so some ppl get asked, some dont.
    Only numerical questions were the ones about parking distances from junctions and zebra crossings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I got the CD which is very easy!

Cant see the point in having to do the test for a motorcycle if you already have a full car licence?

Advertisement