Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regarding an idea Devore put up for fundraising for boards.ie

• 17-04-2002 12:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Devore posted a sticky somewhere for a fundraising gig to help pay for boards.ie. I'm a co-ordinator in gigsmart, an organisation that runs gigs for bands on a voluntary basis (amongst other things-click the logo below for further info!) and I'm curious as to what kind of night ppl would be into to maximise the money raised.

It could be a cool idea (or at least an interesting psychological experiment) to have all the posters wearing name tags with their user name on em! Oh the fun!

I would be interested in attending a boards.ie fundraiser if it was: 35 votes

Band and club midweek
    0% 0 votes
    Band and club weekend
    11% 4 votes
    Just a band midweek
    48% 17 votes
    Just a Club midweek
    5% 2 votes
    Just a band @ weekend
    2% 1 vote
    Just a club @ weekend
    31% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yer best bet is probably something on a weekend.
    and a band, hmm, not sure about that. as you can see there is ahugely ranging musical (dis)taste and it would be hard to cater for any sort of majority.
    although, if there is beer, they will come....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Well, I'd say band and club at the weekend. You get a couple of bands to play and then after 12 it turns into a club or a mess as the case may be.
    I've already noted on the other thread our band would play, although we're not members of gigsmart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Don't care as long as there's beer and Angelwhore has nothing to do with the music selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

quiet right amp we want people to come not run away. :)
    other that that id say most people would go above the legal drinking age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

I think this should be moved to the Gigs/Events forum as I thought the admin board was not for polls?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by stu_69
    I think this should be moved to the Gigs/Events forum as I thought the admin board was not for polls?? :)
    Havent you hear the admin board is the new troll board. Dont tell the admins though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Indeed, this doesn't belong here, either as a topic or a poll...

Cut down on the trolling people.

moved to after hours. (as it's a general thing).

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

i/m/o bands are great but some people dont like live music (for me this is crazytalk but it is true, so many of my friends are really resistant to going out to see music) so if there was a band there and it is meant to be a general board event either needs to be something else or the event shoud be run in a place with two rooms so the anti-live music people can take cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Live band: Eyesclosed.

Allow U-18s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Sounds fun, but can we have it after the Leaving Cert? If it's on after that I'd definately go, a band seems like the best idea to me, but get some really cheap bands, I'd be keener on just a pub meetup like the boards beer on 27th but it doesn't really work for fundraising, can't really charge people admission to a pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

sounds cool......what about us in the north, i would be a nightmare for us to go to it... if its in dublin only.

What about having a weekend in each of the four Provinces rather than just in dublin...... ( it might be harder to arrange :( ).
    /or u could rotate the location each year between the four provinces.....

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Originally posted by amp
    Don't care as long as there's beer and Angelwhore has nothing to do with the music selection.

What amp said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

id go for a midweek option.. mainly down to cost, plus the fact that theres a load of students on the boards.. or ppl like me who do **** all in the way of employment during the week.

as you already know, if the first event is good, ppl will go again.

Advertisement