Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Work in London..Help!

• 17-04-2002 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey.

I've been in London a few weeks now and I cant find any work. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way I'm mostly looking on the Net and agencies for temp work like data entry. I'm not bothered what work I get cause i'll only be here till October......

If anyone knows a surefire way of getting a job please let me know....money's running out.....

Thanks!;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bier4mich

.....forgot to mention I have an IT degree if thats any good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

stu69 has finally got himself a job in london after 2 months of looking.
    i cant understamd why people cant get a job. theres loads of them.
    you could try talking to vaggabond, as he has a couple of vacencies opening up in the near future in islington.
    otherwise, have a good think about what it is you may be doing wrong, or what may be in your cv that is putting people off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

i cant understamd why people cant get a job. theres loads of them.

lol - there's peeps being laid off left, right and centre. I've been looking for a dev job for a year now. "can't understand" :rolleyes:;)

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger

lol - there's peeps being laid off left, right and centre. I've been looking for a dev job for a year now. "can't understand" :rolleyes:;)

if you think theres no jobs your not looking hard enough.
    lol?
    no i think not.
    london is full of jobs. you just need breaks.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Admitidly I haven't been looking in London specifically but I've been looking for jobs everywhere and can't find one. There is a slump at the moment lo'ike ;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    Admitidly I haven't been looking in London specifically but I've been looking for jobs everywhere and can't find one. There is a slump at the moment lo'ike ;)

never said there wasnt. but i wont take people saying theres no jobs out there, seriously. that isnt the case.
    there may be far too many unemployeed web dev's, but there are still jobs.
    what you mean to say is there are very few jobs which suit your abilities and needs, and that is a different ballgame.

im not a web dev, im network support, but i had numerous offers over the last 6 months, however im happy in my work.

Advertisement