Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC's for gaming

Options
  • 17-04-2002 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered a new computr for my gaming needs from dell......And today i rang to find out where it was and got hung up on...why? Cause they recieved my order request but never shipped...And after a month it looks like they'll never ship it. So after being royaly screwed by DELL I turn to you to ask where is the best place to order a PC for gaming and net mainly...A few little office things for my mom but mainly geared for gaming only online and off...

And is there any way to get DELL back for screwing me.....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find that building it yourself is cheaper and you usually end up with a faster machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Vivi

Ya building it yourself is the way to go and kyro has a few good sites for buying parts, their mostly English so your talking £ but their good. But there's a good deal in compaq the 5432 i forget the spec but i remember it was a good enough deal for the price (1500 euro) check compaq.ie its not the best deal in the world but its the best i found. Your better off making your own! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If you want to do it cheaply:
    Buy a 1.6 AMD machine from jaguar computers(you get basicaly a box nothing more no OS either its a good deal if you have a PC already )
    Then buy a G3force 3 ti 200
    And a decent monitor (can be found cheap)if you need one.
    Should get you a decent PC quickly and cheaply.
    Also building your own PC is better in the long run than buying a brand name.

Kdja

I'd recommend Time computers. They built an absolutley amazing machine for my m8 at a shade over €1300. Defo worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I've heard a lot of very bad things about Time, from a lot of people.

You're often better off buying from a smaller independant manufacturer than the likes of Dell or Gateway (e.g. IT Direct) - the PC will generally be cheaper, more open to customization and upgrading, and you won't get a load of useless extra software tacked onto your bill. The best option though, if you know what you're doing, is to build a PC yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭MelKor

I don't have any suggestions on the PC, but...

for getting back at dell, that I can do.

Just find someone with a dell PC, borrow it, stick 10Lbs of C4 inside and send it back for a "repair" he he he

or or

break in to the place at night with a really big paintbrush and a can o' white paint, and paint all their sexy black cases virgin white!!

or you could,

copy and paste this,

BlitzKrieg, bought a thing off Dell,
    but the customer services really smell,
    his temper rose, his penny's fell,
    and poor ol' Blitz got nought off Dell,

so Blitz he said, "they can go to hell,
    i dont need no fuppin Dell,
    coz no good **** do Dell sell,
    and im gonna kill em' all with explosive gel".

now go to dell.ie go to "contact us" (or whatever) and SPAM BOY SPAM!!!

good luck,
    and tell me how you get on,:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Give Dale from PC Ireland a shout sales@pcireland.com and tell him Dav sent you - you won't regret it. Cheap, the best hardware and you'll have it in a week to 10 days from the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I have heard many bad stories frpom del like yours. If you dont want to build it youre self then goto time. I have heard thay can be a bit slow on delivery, i knew a guy who waited 4 weks to get his machine onece. But they do have hreat deals on athlon XP`s far better that any p4 system you would get off Dell and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Oh and as the other guy said try www.marx-computres.com

they have some really cheap pre build systems. Or they will build you a system if you buy the parts from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I definetly recommend Time!!!
    They do brilliant ANd athlon offers with 512 ram standard and stuff. Highly recommend if you dont want to biuld your own PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

From my experience jaguar will not fail you and their pricing is vg.

If your looking for a joke of an irish company then check out www.pcp.ie they screwed me around MANY a time. (Our company buys all it's parts and get's them serviced with them.)

Ring Dell back and give them yards! :D

Then it's time to spam the puppy's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Sangre
    I definetly recommend Time!!!
    They do brilliant ANd athlon offers with 512 ram standard and stuff. Highly recommend if you dont want to biuld your own PC.
    Yes, dunno where they get there bad rep from, I was still getting good free support from them 3 years after I bought my pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Hoojah Nickabolokov

And after a month it looks like they'll never ship it
    I take it you cancelled the order?

If possible, why don't you upgrade your existing computer? for €600/650 you could upgrade to a very nice machine (Athlon XP1700 & fan, Asus ddr mobo, 256ddr, 40gig turbo & a Geforce2ish graphics card). Easy to install.

Bolok. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Time have a bad rep cos generally the machine specs (for teh price) is shíte, and they are generally pretty-much non-expandable.
    They have good tech-support ocs they only have to deal with n00bs, nothing to drastic.
    They really do pile omn a load of extra **** software and 'extras' that aren't worth the bother of even opening.
    It's a nice thing to get one for christmas as it gives parents a nice 'fuzzy' feeling inside. it's only when February or Amrch roll around and little Timmy wants to play games that he realises just how much they got jipped on.

Roll yer own.

www.komplett.ie have some good deals on barebones systems,

Advertisement