Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virus alert!!!!!! (you really need to read this)

• 15-05-2001 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Please note that I have already seen 3 mails of this virus in the firewall today. If you do recive it could you inform IT as to who send it and their E-mail address.

Thank you
    Ciaran
    Name: W32/Magistr-A Aliases: W32/Magistr@MM, I-Worm.Magistr, PE_MAGISTR.A, W32.Magistr.24876, W32/Disemboweler, W32.Magistr/MM Type: W32 executable file virus </virusinfo/articles/glossary.html> Detection: Detected by Sophos Anti-Virus May 2001 (3.45) or later. A virus identity (IDE) file is available for earlier versions from the Latest virus identities </downloads/ide> section.
    Sophos has received several reports of this virus from the wild.
    Comments:
    W32/Magistr-A is a polymorphic Windows 32 executable file virus which spreads by infecting files and via email. Magistr includes highly destructive code which - if triggered - can delete all files from local and network drives, wipe the CMOS settings, and flash the BIOS chip of your computer.
    The virus searches the user's address book, mailboxes and other files present on the computer for email addresses. The virus specifically targets addresses from Outlook Express, Netscape Navigator and Internet Mail and News. It then sends itself to these email addresses using its own SMTP client.
    The email message it sends has a randomly generated subject, body text and attached filename. In an attempt to remain active when Windows is restarted the virus adds the name of an infected file to the "run=" lines of the WIN.INI file and to the Registry key:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\
    CurrentVersion\Run\<infected filename>.
    The virus contains the following text:
    ARF! ARF! I GOT YOU! v1rus: Judges Disemboweler. by The Judges Disemboweler written in Malmo (Sweden)
    The virus also includes a series of words and phrases, including the following:
    sentences you
    sentences him to
    sentence you to
    ordered to prison
    convict
    judge
    circuit judge
    trial judge
    found guilty
    find him guilty
    affirmed
    judgment of conviction
    verdict
    guilty plea
    trial court
    trial chamber
    sufficiency of proof
    sufficiency of the evidence
    proceedings
    against the accused
    habeas corpus
    jugement
    It also contains similar phrases in French and Spanish

ps.......this was a mail i send around my company today. it came from an esatclear account.

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

Advertisement