Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a File

Options
  • 17-04-2002 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

hi,

ok, i'm looking for a bit of help with a small problem.

I have created a small application in embedded visual basic. What it does is, the user types in the name of a picture stored on the device eg:"picture.jpg" and then types in some information about the picture. All of this is then used to create a web page on my iPAQ. But if i want to open the web page i have to go to close down the application i am currently using and go to the file explorer and click the web page "webpage.html", then it is opened for viewing.

What i need to do is as soon as the web page is created it should open automatically. Not sure how to do that.

Was looking on the net for info and i cam across was a method called SHELL that is used in visual basic 5/6 i think. But SHELL if i'm not mistaken is used to launch a URL, i think :(

i just need to open a web page that i created....

any help or ideas would be great....

thanks

:cool: Rabies :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I don't know how to do it in VB, but if you're able to execute commands from VB then use 'start index.html'
    If you do that from DOS it opens the page in IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

cool,

i'll try that....

thanks

:cool: Rabies :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Enygma
    I don't know how to do it in VB, but if you're able to execute commands from VB then use 'start index.html'
    If you do that from DOS it opens the page in IE.

You dont even need the start command. You should simply need to say "index.html", because the OS will then check the file-type and launch it into the correct app.

Oh - and how do you execute commands from VB? Why - via the Shell command :)

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

:D:D:D:D

thanks

:D:D:D

Advertisement