Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV working with ODTR to start new flat rate access...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

Skeptic1, thats the biggest load of bull**** if ever heard,
    the otdr set prices for aload of stuff,
    LLU is not just about adsl,
    they set prices for access to eircoms dial up network to prices for the rental of the normal phone line that you get every 6 weeks.
    LLU effect people who dont even have the net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Christ!

For the most part I agree with you!

All I was pointing out was that the use of the word "closed" was incorrect. The service is still available. The terms and conditions may have changed, but it is not "closed".

'Nuff said. This thread wasn't even ABOUT Esat anyway!

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 14-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Overlord:
    ...Bard you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Give yourself a slap in the face in the future.
    </font>

That is a gift general quote. Whether it is about No Limits or not, just take the advice. All of us should.
    Bronntanas Overlord, Bronntanas

My Adolescent website:
    http://www.iol.net/~mullent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Balfa:
    LLU means that we, the customers, can tell a telco we want to be on their network and not eircom's. that telco then goes to eircom with a mandatory purchase order of the very phoneline that goes from the local exchange into your house. at this point eircom no longer own the phoneline (currently they do, and you pay your £10 a month line rental to them), and your new telco can do whatever you ask them to do with it, including dialup and DSL and whatever else.
    </font>
    This is true in theory. In practice telcos will only make use of this facility for DSL. What you are suggesting would involve the other telcos installing full analogue exchanges sitting alongside eircom's. They may do this eventually but it would be unique in Europe. It would certainly be overkill for an ISP to take over the entire function of an exchange just to provide low margin flat-rate interent. UTVInternet certainly aren't going to do this.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">so as you see, LLU is not simply "all about DSL type services", it's to do with anything that can be done with a two strands of copper wire twisted together.
    </font>
    I said this in the context of people thinking that when the LLU starts being implemented, flat-rate dialup will become available. The reason you have several ISPs in Britian is not because of LLU but because of FRIACO. This is what UTVInternet is on about. I know where you're coming from and should have phrased the original statement differently.

Advertisement