Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crushes

Options
  • 17-04-2002 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i've got tis big problem!!! i fancy my best friends mother. shes always flirting wit me, and of course i cant help but flirt back. my best friend finds this a problem as my best friend happens to be my b/f. the bigest problem is yet to come....im goin on holidays with his family.
    do i just forget about THE holiday or go wit them?... i dnt want to ruin what i hav at the moment. this is driving me mad!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

go on holidays wit them!!! its just probably just a bit of messing going on between u and his mother but if not wat harm, have a go at living on the wild side!!! if not tell ur b/f wat has being happening if yere best friends he'll understand and help u through it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I know it doesn't really matter in the end (think about it!! ;)), but are you male or female?

I think it would make me uncomfortable in the extreme and I'm not sure what my answer would be.

And who has a crush on who?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

What is this the feckin Jerry Springer show?

If however this is a genuine plea for help, then my advise is forget about it, you have no right split any family apart, especially that of your best friend. And that is exactly what would happen if you pursue this relationship .

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What is this the feckin Jerry Springer show?

If however this is a genuine plea for help, then my advise is forget about it, you have no right split any family apart, especially that of your best friend. And that is exactly what would happen if you pursue this relationship .

i was thinking along the same lines myself!!! dats sum good advice and to da other reply i'm female!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

theres a couple of factors to be taken into consideration, What age are you? Do you see the mother much? What type of flirting?

BoMb

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Unregistered
    dats sum good advice and to da other reply i'm female!!!
    OK, I you feel you or the mother might end up 'doing something stupid' then I would recommend no.

However, lots of people 'flirt' verbally with people of the same sex as a 'joke'. This might be what the mother is doing and in that case I would say go (this however makes you 'part of the family').

That said if it is 'touchy feely' flirting ...

Originally posted by Victor
    However, lots of people 'flirt' verbally with people of the same sex as a 'joke'.
    yes i agree with that, women usually take it the wrong way thou, i flirt with everyone and every thing when i'm drunk, female friends of mine often misconstrue this as a sign of attraction. It has led to awkward situations on many occasions.

What can i say, i'm irresistible :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

This is wrong on so many different levels...

Not only would this wreck anything with your b/f, it would also seriously damage any relationship he has with his mother.

Can you picture how you'd feel if your b/f cheated on you.... .with your mother?

I used to flirt with people all the time, but there's some situations (no matter how attactive/interesting the other person is) you stay out of. It's a goddamn bee's nest!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I have to agree with with what everyone has said so far, no good can come of this, forget your crush and imagine what would be the out come if you persude this, you'd loose your best friend-b/f and wreck his relationship with his mother and hers with the father if one is involved, whatever way you look at it, it's a mine field.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

ICK!

That's a nasty situation to find oneself in - you're sure it's flirting with intent or just flirting for fun? Maybe it's just that your boy's mother is trying to be friendly and that's "her style" and you're misinterpreting it?

Be very, very careful - it's dangerous territory - you risk not only yourself, but your boyfriend and his entire family.

Try and talk to your boyfriend about her - be very subtle. Ask a bit more about his parents in general and what sort of characters they both are, but again, BE SUBTLE.

Mind yourself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

get a camera, this is going to be great...

I'd just forget about it if i were you, don't tell him, not unless it goes any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Look - i'm sorry if this sounds harsh but just suck it up bottle it in and ignore your feelings - beleive me your boyfriend will not thatnk you or understand if you tell him that you have feelings for his mother!!!

just keep it to yourself and move on with your life!!!

Originally posted by Victor
    And who has a crush on who?

Sorry, I had misread (or didn't read part of) the original post. I think something like this is likely to end up in tears - imagine if you ever wanted a threesome! :)

Have you ever had a relationship with a woman before? You know how bad they can be? ;)

Once upon a time I thought I liked this guy, but 2-3 days later I realised it was because the looked and acted like a girl (raises questions about him though). Many times, 'liking someone' (in a friendly way) can be mistaken for 'liking someone' (in a sexual way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Jpaulik

You mentioned that you bf has a problem with this ? So, he's aware that theres some flirting ? To be honest I think you should back off and try and keep things formal with the mother.

If it got serious, you'd seriously **** up your bf and his family and you'll also probably wreck your own life.

Flirting when not very serious is fine. I'm terrible for flirting with males and females.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

At my age I can't have crushes any more. They call it stalking now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

This is brilliant- JerrySpringer would be envious of a story like this!!!
    Sorry unregistered, don't mean to take the piss. If you value your b/f then leave his mother alone.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Don't these things usually begin with "Dear Penthouse..."?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

That's sick. Sick that you'd not be sure that doing anything about that would be a "bad" thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Do you think your boyfriend would be into threesomes?
    KINKY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Originally posted by Clain
    If I could ever be accused of having anything close to a crush nowadays, it would be when I find myself attracted to someone who is from the point of view of personality blantantly unsuitable. Still like looking though.

As for your problem, it would be hard to come up with a more self-destructive act than to pursue it. If I've read it correctly you're gay and she probably assumes you would never react. If you did it would cause a lot of bad feeling and betrayal.

I'd do it myself, though....:cool:
    Eh, no you haven't read it correctly, unregistered is a girl not a boy, sheesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Whether Unregistered is a guy or a girl, it still makes this prime day-time TV material!!!!!:D :D:D:D:D
    I'm sure Umregistered's boyfriend won't be too impressed to hear that his girl is gay and then double-whammey if he hears she's falling for his mother!!!
    The poor guy!!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

hmm notice how the quality of posts has just dropped since unregistered people were able to post!!

Advertisement