Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games downloadable from the net!!!!

Options
  • 17-04-2002 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

I was going to put thisin either the games or technologhy forums but couldnt find a suitable forum!!!

anyway - i spotted some dude in one of the computer labs playing MARIO that he got on an e-mail and god damn't i want it too so if anyone knows where i can get it or anything else like it let me know!!!

( Ayatollah stands in the corner and waits for SearrarD to burst in and tell everyone about the Commodore 64 site!!!)

P.S.

any other cool downloadable games also wanted!!!

Thanx!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah I saw a person in my college playing mario and Donkey kong country. i think he just search for them using kazaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah thats it. just download and search away. it has loads of games on it. Smak downloaded some really old games off it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

hey suppafly, where do you get off nicking my name
    theres only one lowdown mother hussler allowed to this board

cheers man i'll give it a try - does anyone know any other ones - i know that Punch baby have some downloadable games!!!!

but all suggestions are appreciated!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by suppafly
    yeah I saw a person in my college playing mario and Donkey kong country. i think he just search for them using kazaa.

is kazaa any different from morpheus? better or worse?
    I've Morpheous Privew Edition at the moment and it sux, the original was way better.

also check out http://www.the-underdogs.org/ for all the oldies

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

try www.dosgames.com.They have some great oldies for free. ie quake,doom etc

Damn you Websense!!!!!

i'll have to check it out tonight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

try the emulaters board

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Digifiend

Originally posted by StrataGIST
    try the emulaters board
    That's where this thread belongs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Na it's about games that are still the originals but are now abandonware thus not emulated. But sometimes the emulated version from another platform can be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Offically these games come under "warez", cause the copyright on them is still valid, abandonware or not. I mean seriously, mario isn't free no matter how old the game is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Originally posted by Greenbean
    Offically these games come under "warez", cause the copyright on them is still valid, abandonware or not. I mean seriously, mario isn't free no matter how old the game is.

In fact as soon as the copyright runs out (50 years on books, not sure about games) there not warez and aswell abandonwares is probly differant (seen as sites such as the underdogs will not give people sertan games due to the legality of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by amp
    Na it's about games that are still the originals but are now abandonware thus not emulated. But sometimes the emulated version from another platform can be better.

You and kyro both call the thread and we see which one it goes to!

Originally posted by Greenbean

Thread locked due too it's off-topicness and because Greenbeans mom just rang me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Amp is a muppet who can't tell the difference between making something sticky, and locking it. Needless to say, the number of times he's been arrested for indecent exposure while closing his front door is simply embarrassing.

Locked. Properly this time :)

Yeah yeah yore ma etc etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement