Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus

Options
  • 17-04-2002 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

been lurking on these groups for a while, some very interesting discussions. Just thought I would relay my experiences with Chorus in Cork in the last week.

Early last week I got a nice letter from Chorus explaining that phase 1 of their wonderful new digital service was now available in my area, and that I should contact them if I wished to subscribe. I've been an analogue cable subscriber for nearly a year now, and the service is poor, but where I live in Cork there has really been no alternative choice until recently.

In any case, I thought, well, digital, surely thats got to be better, at least I should now get decent reception, so I called their 1890 number, expressed my interest, confirmed that service was available in my area etc. Wonderful. Following day got a call to say that they were sending an engineer round to replace my black box and hook me up. Wow, only 2 days. Engineer duly arrives, plugs in the new digital receiver, and after 2 or 3 minutes of fiddling around with it pronounces that there is no digital signal on the cable.

He also told me that this was the second such call he had made that day. He then offered to connect me up to digital via MMDS, and install a dish aerial on the roof of my house for that purpose. I couldn't see the sense of that, if I wanted a dish on my house I would be a Sky Digital customer now, so I sent him on his way.

I then called back the Customer Service people, who completely changed their story, digital is now apparently only available by MMDS in Glanmire in Cork, and they can't tell me when it is scheduled to be available on the cable.

In the meantime, I had already sent on my €40.00 cheque for installation, so it'll be interesting to see if that comes back.

Methinks I will vote with my feet, and sign up for Sky after April 23rd.

Gosh, I feel better now!.

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Hi, and welcome to the Forum.
    I too contacted Crappus about their choice of Digital. I was sent the direct debit form, the suscriber contract, and all the publicity that goes with it. I was told that Chorus Digital would be available in my area ........."Shortly"............
    That was in in the year 2000. And Yes.... still no Chorus Digital in my area. Thank god for Sky......

Gosh,
    I was told all that stuff in 1999-I would have been waiting:rolleyes:
    Crappus have very few mmds customers left in North Wexford now I can tell you.
    I think their transmitter is only kept open to feed Arklows cable service( if service is the right word??)
    They are so stupid, in that they are not using a digibox like elsewhere to feed that.
    Mind you, there isn't even a strong enough signal for analog on Crapus in Arklow-the amazing thing is , despite all the complaints, that Chorus still has any customers at all.
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Yup definetly get sky, its a well better service. Chorus digital is the worst thing ever. The people who i say in digs with have it and it is really crappy. the reception is pretty bad, always going all jumpy and jiterry which is very annoying. Defintly go for sky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by madman
    Gosh,
    I was told all that stuff in 1999-I would have been waiting:rolleyes:
    Crappus have very few mmds customers left in North Wexford now I can tell you.
    I think their transmitter is only kept open to feed Arklows cable service( if service is the right word??)
    They are so stupid, in that they are not using a digibox like elsewhere to feed that.
    Mind you, there isn't even a strong enough signal for analog on Crapus in Arklow-the amazing thing is , despite all the complaints, that Chorus still has any customers at all.
    mm

Chorus still has a lot of customers in Tinahely. They have a transmiter on the hill behind my house. There is a east coast radio transmitter too. Chorus use sliabh bhui to get their signal to their loyal customers in Tinahely:)

Advertisement