Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom offers adsl in the north on BT local loope

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

"The Oftel meeting follows in the wake of a newspaper report earlier this week that Irish telco, Eircom, was the only outfit to begin operating unbundled services to its customers."

er... eek.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 crano

What a load of ******.....:-))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

this is actually good news guy,

BT must have a deal with eircom,
    i mean you dont avoided opening you network for as long as bt has, and then open it up to a company like eircom.

i think when eircom unbundles its local loope, esat will be the first and for a long time the only teleco on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Don't talk b0ll0cks Joe.

then what do you think it means smart **** ,
    or are you to mentally challenged to have an opinion, jesus what a ****ing imbread gob****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

FFS Joe.

Posted: 17/01/2001 at 16:54 GMT

The article is 5 months old. Nowhere in it does it mention anything about ADSL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joe22:

i think when eircom unbundles its local loope, esat will be the first and for a long time the only teleco on it
    </font>

Yeah id say this is a case of "you scratch my back..."
    Eircom will make it easy for Esat if BT return the favour is the UK.

well they are offering it in belfast, even if the article doesnt say so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Well, i think whatever point your trying to make is watered down by the fact the article is so old.
    Even in Febuary a mate of mine in england had dsl provided by some other provider than bt.
    Also be realistic, Look how much has changed on the Irish scene since January (ntl stopping and starting, esat snl, llu pricing). The english scene is in a more advanced state, so any price of news from then is pretty worthless really.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Lei sono una persona stupida.</font>
    If your going to insult him at least get your Italian right, 'sono una persona stupida' is actually calling yourself stupid smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

plyd Blade smile.gif

as for the news article I wouldn't think much of it at this stage, although I am surprised to see BT and Eircom working together like that considering Eircoms main rivals (Esat) are owned by BT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

ummm they aren't really 'working together'. BT were dragged kicking and screaming into LLU in the UK, and this article says that Eircon were the first to take advantage of this. It's equivalent to the Eircon-Esat issue down here.

Unfortunately, Eircon have cut back on their Northern investments, so hope you didn't order a line off of them smile.gif

Advertisement