Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Retail Price

Options
  • 17-04-2002 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

My caculations:

Sept 2001

Wholesale €75
    Retail €99
    Margin €24

April 2002

Wholesale €49
    Retail €75
    Margin €26

thats what would be reasonable. Sorry if this thread is pointless i don't think it is. Thats up to you mods

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mdf

It's not as simple as that. You're thinking that retail minus wholesale equals margin. So to follow that through the retail product would look exactly like the wholesale product - don't think so. You're forgetting retail costs like content, broadband access server, billing, marketing etc etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I don't think the price of Eircom's solo product will go far below €100 retail (if at all). That said, if OLO's start rolling out bitstream services, the prices should be driven down quite rapidly, /IF/ there has been no shady dealing on future pricing.

mdf, we're keeping you busy, aren't we?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

well i think eircom.net would have taken that into account when they tried to release in sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by sikes
    well i think eircom.net would have taken that into account when they tried to release in sept.

It's actually an Eircom Ireland (retail) product

eircom ireland as the wholesaler can't sell the retail product

i think i am right but with galdly be corrected.

As long as esat release at the same time as eircom i don't think the price will be too far off the €75 mark. that said its eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mdf

There isn't an eircom Ireland anymore

Basically eircom wholesale sell the wholesale product to eircom retail and to other operators who add what they want and set the retail price

then why did you say
    Eircom Ireland (Retail)

anyway it doesn't matter all the money is going to eircom in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Originally posted by mdf
    It's not as simple as that. You're thinking that retail minus wholesale equals margin. So to follow that through the retail product would look exactly like the wholesale product - don't think so. You're forgetting retail costs like content, broadband access server, billing, marketing etc etc
    I would accept no content if it meant a lower price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I would accept no content if it meant a lower price.

I would /prefer/ no content. ISP provided content is rubbish anyway.

adam

Advertisement