Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer issue: Passthrough

• 14-05-2001 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

weird one here (the problem, not me.. honest!)

A windows based program on Windows 2k professional, printng across a Win2k network to a Hp 2100.

Everything prints fine, except for one particualr report (which prints fine on other installations).

it comes up with an error

Passthrough may not be supported on your printer

and then stops, doesn't print, doesn't pass it to the print queue, desn't even begin spooling.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Tried reinstall etc. nothing, printer driver is correct. Data format is RAW (would EMT solve this?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

i don't know if this will work with win2k but it did work with nt .
    stop the spooler service ... start it again, there shou;d be an error message but the service will start anyway ... then try and print it.

sorry if this didn't help.

Later Skater

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands.
    P.S. Avator fromerly know as Gamblor !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Whats different about that document? Higher graphic content than the others? Using some sort of link/formatting that isn't present in others?

Off hand one thing to try is to copy/paste it into a blank (doc?) and try again.
    Still not working then try a group of pages from it at a time. See if you can isolate the element that's causing it to fail, and then track the most likely culrpit on the PC itself.

Advertisement