Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!! Have A Guess Who's Playing Dublin???????

Options
  • 17-04-2002 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said they've got about 50 fans in the whole of Ireland, so do your best to come along and support them, because they are absolutely ****ing incredible! ~froths at mouth~ AHHHH!!!!! 4 WEEKS TO GO!!!!!

from mcd.ie

MANSUN play first their headline show in Dublin at The Ambassador on Friday, May 24th.

This will be the first time an Irish audience will get to hear new material alongside a selection of their classic offerings like 'Being A Girl' and 'I Can Only Disappoint You'.

The Dublin show comes at the end of a fifteen date UK tour.

Speaking recently to nme.com Mansun singer, Paul Draper said, "looking back at the last tour we all realised that once we'd played all the songs live they had a lot more life in them. The reason people like Mansun is because of what we do at the gigs and that's what we try to capture (on the new record)."

He also said that the group will revisit some of the new songs off the back of the tour, but four tracks, 'Keep Telling Myself', 'Slipping Away', 'These Days' and 'Getting Your Way' are potential singles.

Guest performance comes from recent signings to Regal Recordings (home to the Beta Band), WOODSTAR.

Doors: 7.30pm.

Tickets go on sale from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide later this week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kitton

do you work for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

yeah, I'm their part time cock sucker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 raven_jezebel

grrrrrrrrrr I detest them so much I sold the copy of their album I had....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Minerva

yeah, I'm their part time cock sucker

classic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

arent you everybodys cock sucker...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

no, just theirs.......................and your mothers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

wow...that's nasty... what with my mother being 6 feet under!!!

necrophelia another hobby of yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

YES!

ok the last album did suck a wee bit.. but the 2 b4 that are 2 of my fav albums, go on the mansun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Fu(king raging I am away and will miss this one. I would absolutely love to see them live, and am a big fan. :confused::( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

their song 'legacy' is real good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kitton

Originally posted by Minerva

classic! :D

you're obviously his cocksucker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Cool! It's about fcuking time they came to Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Cool, and I have just found a girl that makes my nose bleed......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

woohoo
    and i will be finished my exams

and will have gone to the jimmy eat world gig either the night before or after
    and wtiness has laods of cool bands playing
    *so* happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 nim psychotic

Mansun are absolute class. Can't WAIT for this gig! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 johno_d

Normally, I'd have sympathy but shouldn't these guys have been
    put down years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

i didn't know they sang "being a girl". i like that song. does anyone know if king adora are ever going to come over here and play a frickin gig? (speaking of bands that only have about 10 fans in ireland) I LOVE KING ADORA. and placebo. mostly.

sHep (ate your baby) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

I was never mad about the band but i did have a liking for that tune "Wide open space".
    Saw them when they supported Jimmy Page and Robert Plant back in 1996. Not bad. Even the oul fella could handle them.

Advertisement