Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are the new odtr price likely to come into effect

• 13-05-2001 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

The only real way to judge this is from England
    now long after llu prices were settled did BT unbundled the local loop.

Note as I type this I realized, hell the prices are far from settled, their in just as must dispute as before they were announced

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Any answer as you well know at this stage would be pure conjecture and guesswork.

Not tommorow and before 2005.

there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

just wondering, since its about a year (maybe less) since oftel forced a price on BT, how long did it take before bt introduced it, since odtr allso sets a cheaper line rental even if you dont have the internet, we dont have to wait for a teleco to take up llu before we see effects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

It's being challenged in the courts by Eircon. It'll depend on whether or not the court grants an injunction/stay on the prices. Now go read up on why LLU does not equal flat rate access.

but it does, you comment is go stupid it pains me to think about it, the whole point of llu was to bring in afordable flat rate access

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

joe, you're the worst kind of ignorant fuc|<er - an arrogant one -he's right you're wrong - go read about FRIACO.

lph

[This message has been edited by lphchild (edited 14-05-2001).]

• Advertisement

well maybe you dumb mother****ers should go to the odtr site and download the full ****ing doc before talking crap.

SO YOUR SAYING LLU DOESNT MEAN WE WILL GET FULL FLAT RATE INTERNET. then what the **** have all these guys here been *****ing about for weeks. what about the eu directives,
    what will LLU mean then smart ass, inlighten me you stupid ****ing muppet

[This message has been edited by Joe22 (edited 14-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

Calm down Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Joe22 I've been a registered member of boards.ie for 5 months now, I don't post much, I read daily and I mind my own business, usually. But if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

For once in your sad, miserable, posting life can you refrain using profanities in a post. All it proves is that you are ignorant and have no manners to speak of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Unbundling does not necessarily mean a flat rate for the public. It means cheaper access for telco's. Telco's may then decide to offer a flat rate, and it certainly likely, but at the same time, it is not written in stone.

It is also to allow for the installation of foreign equipment into exchanges, namely DSLAM's.

The amount of topics on this subject it absolutely ridiculous. Everyone knows that we just simply have to wait. So have a bit of patience.

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

FRIACO, the agreement under which Flat Rate is provided in the UK by BT to ISP's at wholesale rates, is *NOT* dependent LLU.

Telco's can provide flat rate because they
    only have to pay for the local loop, after that they connect directly from the exchanges to their own networks - cutting interconnect rates.

FACT.

Joe,i presume you're taking the **** with the rage thing,not funny any more..boring really.

lph

• Advertisement

ring up esat and tell them, because for some resaon the ycant do it even in part without huge lost's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Joe,

By definition a sentence is supposed to make sense. Perhaps you should calm down and not post for a while and come back when you can make proper sentences... seriously!

I'd also like to second what lphchild has said.

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

so basically you two are saying even with llu were all going to get ****ed still, just the isps will be alble to **** up for cheaper.
    hmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

To clarify....

FRIACO is not LLU in England. FRIACO was introduced by, well forced on, BT for arsing around with Internet costs. It stands for Flat Rate Internet Access Call Origin, and means the ISP pays a flat rate to BT, so the ISP can charge a flat rate to the end user.

And herein comes the demise of IOL NoLimits. They charge users £20 per month for "unlimited" (Note the inverted commas) access, but Eircom charge them by the minute, making it a bad business system. Now, IOL counted on Eircom to introduce a FRIACO system for them, but Eircom basically told them to **** off.

Now that's that cleared up.

--Chris--

<A HREF="http://uie.8m.com
    " TARGET=_blank>http://uie.8m.com
    </A>

THE source for Internet news in Ireland. Polls, broadband, letter to ODTR, ISP details and A PETITION AGAINST EIRCOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Joe22 refer to my above post, regarding your conduct.

flamegrill

Chris_533976 makes sense,
    The way LLU was being plugged by the odtr it sounded like it was the same as FRIACO.

So what exactly will this £10 a month mean for flat rate, i mean will we have to go through months and months more waiting for a FRIACO system to be put in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joe22:
    well maybe you dumb mother****ers should go to the odtr site and download the full ****ing doc before talking crap.

SO YOUR SAYING LLU DOESNT MEAN WE WILL GET FULL FLAT RATE INTERNET. then what the **** have all these guys here been *****ing about for weeks. what about the eu directives,
    what will LLU mean then smart ass, inlighten me you stupid ****ing muppet

[This message has been edited by Joe22 (edited 14-05-2001).]
    </font>

I think it's sweeet that he had to edit it to get it to that condition.

yea not enough stars

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I really don't like flaming people, but Joe, you seem to me to be very angry with the teleco's shenanigans (aren't we all?) but you genuinly do not have a clue what you're talking about!

Please think before posting.

There are many many well informed people on these boards who will (if asked nicely) tell you things - very informative things and this will help you to understand and not loose the plot on every post you make.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

Kharn, you lie, these people may know stuff, but unless you respect me, and what i know, im not going to take the time to listen to you to see if you know whats your talking about, im on serveral tech boards, from Tweaking to overclocking and i dont have to listen to guys secound guessing me.
    it seems nothing i say is taken serious unless backed by someone else
    me "1.2gig amd will hit 1.6gig"
    gerry "stop talking crap"
    admin "ive seen a 1.2gig hit 1.6gig"
    gerry "right you are but joes still wrong"

i know all i need to know about the irish situation, WERE ****ED all that remains is the how, when and who.

[This message has been edited by Joe22 (edited 15-05-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Will all in the room who believe Joe22 to be a 12 year old say "Aye"

Aye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

But Joe, we don't respect you and what you know, because it is abundantly obvious to anyone who reads your posts that you know fu<k all.

Your opinion is worth about the same as a truck load of dead rats in a tampon factory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joe22:
    but unless you respect me, and what i know, im not going to take the time to listen to </font>

Hmm let me see , last time i checked you EARN Respect, it isn't handed to you on a plate. so a little less abuse and more sites that you got your information from might help.

Joe it's been said so often have you heard of the phrase ....

Joe your a fluppind Idiot ???

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands.
    P.S. Avator fromerly know as Gamblor !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

lol, great reading smile.gif

Unfortunaly though this thread is now closed for business.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement