Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Poooyyyy Oral :/

Options
  • 17-04-2002 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

Oral was going grand fer irish...then she asked me about immagration to america 10 years ago....and then what about it slowing down today, why has it slowed down today. Do i believe imagration still goes on to america? Then she went on to ask about the uneven distrubution of wealth among the irish with the celtic tiger....
    and before anyone says i should have all that stuff prepared...I DO PASSS!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I got asked about the last time i went to the dentist and how did it go. What was the nearest hospital and what was its name and how big was it.
    Then i said no i dont do sport so she said what do you do. So i said play computer games and she went whats the best one. So i said HL and she asked me to describe it. How the feicaidh do i say "Dr. Freeman has been involved in an experiment gone wrong in the black mesa project and he has to destroy the aliens and save the world"
    I'm in pass for god sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

thankgod someone know's how i feel like wtf? i get asked about economic conditions i'm barly able to be able to talk about in english...like....its pass....jesus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Now you've just gone and scared me, I thought I was getting out of all that crap by going to pass 2wks ago! Well my irish oral is thursday, can people help me? Is there anyone thats actually good at Irish around here, or should I just try the Gaeilge board??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

New irish resource for students
    www.thecapall.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Bloody Drunkard

Ur one who did the irish oral in our school was dead sound. She asked everybody easy enough questions and we got to talk about pretty much whatever we wanted. Mine went ****in excellent so roll on the rest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Oral went extremely well. 3 minutes into the exam i was asked why my irish was so strong :) . Attending all irish primary and secondary schools seems to have payed off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

For the guys sitting ordinary Irish above, relax! Everyone sits the same standard oral. No matter if your doing higher or ordinary! They do it like that so people doing higher can drop down to ordinary if they want as late as the actual day of the leaving. I wouldn't worry about it. They don't expect the pass students to be the same standard in Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Had the oral today, similar story to the french, was stuck for things to say for most of it, had to have most of the questions spelled out for me, if it wasn't for the pieces you read off a sheet I'd have done as badly as french, having said that I never even looked at the pieces on the sheets beforehand so I probably didn't do very well at them anyway. I'd say I passed, but only just, I don't care about irish anyway once I don't fail it, it'll definately be my 7th subject and not used to calculate points.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'm doing foundation Irish.. piece of piss

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Heh, I remember my irsh orals last year. I was doing pass irish and the gimp doing the oral started asking me about fu<king river pollution. WTF like?

I just sat there staring blankly at him :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement