Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cant surf...

• 18-04-2002 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

This is the first time I've ever had to come into Linux to report a problem with Windows, but I guess its not as brain-dead-user friendly as I thought, although I suppose that with windows 2000, youre probably expected to know something.

Anyway, I dont seem to be able to view any websites using windows, and yet they seem to be working fine from linux, I'm connected to the internet through a network, and there is no proxy server. This leaves me a bit stumped as I always thought that would be the main problem with connecting to the internet.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated, I want to start downloading drivers and what not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

About all I can suggest is that you make sure IE knows you're connecting through a LAN (I'm assuming), and that you have all of your IP's right (gateway, Subnet mask, etc etc).

Have you any more info?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

clear temp internet files,
    disable firewall s/f,
    repair IE,
    check your ram load,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Restore all defaults in internet explorer options, move the security slider down to medium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

can you ping anywhere?
    or nslookup?

MiCr0

[/me waves from hong kong]

Advertisement