Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yipppeeee Kayyyeeee

• 18-04-2002 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

alright who watched the dirty vested one on rte last night???

good knows i did - i love that film - hadn't seen it in a while though!!!

forgot how good it was!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I like that film myself. I love when he tricks Rickman giving him a gun with an empty clip.

Maybe its just me but I think that the older action movie are better than more recent ones. Not all of them though. The first two Die Hard films were excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

yeah definately they were made back when the whole concept was new and original not like now when every mediocre b and c - list actor seems to try their hand at it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Class movie alright. Some brilliant lines:

Agent Johnson- "This is agent Johnson... No the other one!!"

Bad Guy- "Next time you have a chance to kill someone, don't hesitate!!" McLaine (shoots him to pieces)- "Thanks for the advice!!"

Agent Johnson-"This is just like when we were in NAM" Other Agent- "I was in junior high dickhead"

McLaine "Now I know what a TV dinner feels like!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

"Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs!!!"

The grandaddy of the modern action movie.

Classic stuff.

Watch it every time it's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

The classic.

Bruce in his vest. Alan and Bruce meeting for the first time.
    "Clay...Bill Clay"

The look on Bruce's face when the fire hydrant connected to him falls through the air behind him.

Best action move ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Die Hard! What a great film. It really has to be considered the best action movie of alltime in my opinion!

Detective John McClane: You throw quite a party. I didn't realize they celebrated Christmas in Japan.
    Joseph Takagi: Hey, we're flexible. Pearl Harbor didn't work out so we got you with tape decks.

Detective John McClane: C'mon baby, come ta' papa, I'll kiss ya' ****in' dalmatian!

Detective John McClane: A hundred million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister.

Supervisor: Attention, whoever you are. This channel is reserved for emergency calls only...
    Detective John McClane: No ****ing ****, lady! Do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?

Hans Gruber: I thought I told all of you, I want radio silence until further--
    Detective John McClane: Ooooh, I'm very sorry Hans. I didn't get that message. Maybe you should've put it on the bulletin board. I figured since I've waxed Tony and Marco and his friend here, I figured you and Karl and Franco might be a little lonely, so I decided to give you a call.
    Hans Gruber: Eh, that's... very kind of you, considering you are a mysterious party crasher. You are most troublesome, for a security guard.
    Detective John McClane: Bzzzt! Sorry Hans, wrong guess. Would you like to go for Double Jeopardy where the scores can really change? [Indicating cigarettes in dead man's pocket] Whoa, these are very bad for you.
    Hans Gruber: Who are you then?
    Detective John McClane: Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass.

Dwayne T. Robinson: We don't know ****, Powell. If there's hostages in there, how come no one's come to us with ransom demands? If there's terrorists in there, where's their list of demands? All we know is that whoever shot your car up is probably the same silly sonofabitch you've been talking to on that radio.
    Sergeant Al Powell: Excuse me sir! But what about the body that fell out the window?
    Dwayne T. Robinson: Well who knows? Maybe some stockbroker, got depressed.

Sergeant Al Powell: In fact, I think he's a cop. Maybe not LAPD, but he's definitely a badge.
    Dwayne T. Robinson: How do you know that?
    Sergeant Al Powell: A hunch, things he said. Like being able to spot a phony ID.
    Dwayne T. Robinson: Jesus Christ, Powell, he could be a ****ing bartender for all we know!

Agent Johnson: Figure we take out the terrorists. Lose twenty, twenty-five percent of the hostages.
    Special Agent Johnson: I can live with that.

Dwayne T. Robinson: We're gonna need some more FBI guys I guess.

[Powell with an armload of Twinkies]
    Cashier: I thought you guys just ate doughnuts.
    Sergeant Al Powell: Heh. They're for my wife.
    Cashier: [sarcastically] Yeah.
    Sergeant Al Powell: She's pregnant.
    Cashier: Yeah.
    Sergeant Al Powell: Bag it.
    Cashier: Big time.

Hans Gruber: What idiot put you in charge?
    Holly Gennero McClane: You did. When you murdered my boss.

Advertisement