Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painkillers from Eircom

Options
  • 18-04-2002 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Make sure you are all sitting down for this!

These are images of the DSL product offering sent out to countless businesses over the last few days.

front.jpg
    back.jpg

And this is aimed at "business users"!

"The pain of slow Internet connection should be gone in fifteen minutes" - Eircom

This is what Eircom are saying about Internet connectivity in this country!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Pfft. :rolleyes: How can eircom get away with saying 'our other products are crap. Use this one'. "The pain of slow connection...". Slow connection caused by them!!

Personally, when I eventually get ADSL, no eircom software is getting neat my comp. Not after what the eircom.net ISP cd did. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Heh, thats the yoke I got when I was offered the trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Humm. Does it really work? The painkiller has been a long wait hasent it. There probabley trying to over charge us as theyve spent so much money in making thoese silly installer programs and software that nobody is going to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

I take it it doesn't get rid of the pain of the cost of DSL per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

(apologies in advance - if it's inappropriate, PM me (no, really) and I'll dump it)

Pain-relieving pills eh?

Don't suppose there's a suppository version? People might well go for it, having taken it from Eircom in that fashion for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Jpaulik

Nice one Sceptre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    Heh, thats the yoke I got when I was offered the trial.

Interesting choice of words there lex:)

Also note that the dealers on the street are cheaper than eircom ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'm probably gona get killed for bringing this old thread back up, but the question has to be asked; Do Eircom actually use their own products (for example... that so-called 'painkiller')?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

The reps use suicide pills when someone challenges them on "hi-speed" and affordable broad band :D

Advertisement