Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free hosting

Options
  • 18-04-2002 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

A mate and myself are doing a freebie web site for a charity. They havent the money to host it, does any one know any free hosting sites..?

Geocities, iol etc

Urls to the pages for registering would be great

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

pm me if you're still looking...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Your own ISP - whoever you dial up with - should be offering free web hosting... granted it'll be a URL like "http://userpages.ispname.ie/~username/" - but it's free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

We offer discount hosting to schools and charities (4.95 per month or 49.95 euro a year) - see www.scoileanna.com for more or to sign up,

Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

Stephen ,

his subject reads : "free hosting"

isn't constant advertising like this banned ? ?

other ad thread

Hi Pablo,

No offence intended, just offering all the options, sometimes people don;t want banners and junk, or limited access,
    Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Yes, but you do push the "helpfull information" excuse a bit far really

Hi Guys,

Point taken, just trying to be helpful, if people ask about hosting/domains, it's hard to resist the post, in most cases I do not provide our urls at all! If board policy/consensus says no advertising, (just take a scan at any of the threads for profligate use by lots of people), I'm more than happy to comply,

Stephen

PS: and in the interests of staying on-thread, we will offer free hosting to the original poster!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Fair play Stephen, but ease off the capitalism. Commercial advertising is not allowed on this and any other forum.

• Advertisement

No problem boss!

<humble backwards shuffle out of the room> :)

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Pld. Enough with the spamming about your company Stephen, if I check back over your posts 99% of them are about your hosting service.

Have hosted with Geocities before (alright, not good), Angelfire (awful), and a few others. Few more
    Hypermarkt.net (though I could be wrong on that URL), FortuneCity.com (they offer a lot of space), getwebeasy.net (haven't tried them myself).

Jaysus, all I did was offer the guy free hosting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eating

stevo ,

you could just make a web page and setup a site selling your warez. then when people ask for details say post the link. i'd suggest buying a domain like something to do with your name , say http://www.hosting-36.ie/ or what not. and then tell them about your site .

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

actually from what i've heard , stevo is dead on
    100% uptime
    has offered more than 3 people here good hosting deals
    and is always there to help

stevo i love you.

also he is doing a good job providing afforadabel hosting located in ireland , this wasn't available until recently , unless you wanted to be in a basement in crown alley in temple bar , like who would put racks in a basement which was prone to get flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by eating
    stevo ,

you could just make a web page and setup a site selling your warez. then when people ask for details say post the link. i'd suggest buying a domain like something to do with your name , say http://www.hosting-36.ie/ or what not. and then tell them about your site .

He has one... it's www.hosting365.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by steve-hosting36
    Jaysus, all I did was offer the guy free hosting!

If you're offering free hosting, fair enough, but advertising is another thing :)

PaddyC, I used another free host that was really good a while back, I'll see if I can dig up their URL for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Shut up, back on topic. Talk about free hosting. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

Whats The Charity?
    If its fair game I'll pay for the domain Name for 1 year and the hosting. I'm sure the other lads who replied will cover the following years, wont ya lads. Or maybe there too busy bagging someone who offered you free hosting on the tenth post.

There's me Number
    087 4112390

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by amp
    Shut up, back on topic. Talk about free hosting. That is all.

amp....laying down the law....must be a first :)

(soz....couldn't resist...the shock of it was too much :D)

You obviously don't visit Games much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I use a FREE account with brinkster.com . They allow you to use Active server pages and some basic asp components. There baised in the US but have a VERY fast connection. If i'm downloading database files i get about 30Kbps and i'm on a 56K :D

Ive tried many differant hosts but they seem to be the best i've come across. They give you 30MB space.

• Advertisement
Advertisement