Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digiguide question

• 18-04-2002 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

is there anywhere you can type in the name of a movie and DG will tell you if it ever comes on the listings??

or is there anywhere that does this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

The simple answer is no, I'm afraid.

You get a maximum of 2 weeks advance listings with Digiguide, which is a lot better than any paper TV Guide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭BeatTun

cheers.

thats a shame, would be pretty cool..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Could you not use the smart search option? I just got the software, and haven't really played around with it, but it did strike me as a possibility.

One of the tips said that if you put 'the simpsons' and 'new episode' into the smart search it will remind you when a new episode of the simpsons is going to be on.

Anybody else know for sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

You can enter any programme or film in youre "Favourites" in Digiguide manually by going too the section on the front panel called "HIGHLIGHTING" click on the "Edit Favourite programme" button, a new window will open up , click on "ADD A Favourite programme" this will open a new window and a flashing cursor under the instruction " type the name of favourite programme you wish too highlight" just type in the Film title and click on the "Add Programme" and its added too youre Favourite list for ever, and hopefully the movie or programme will at afuture date appear on youre whats on list, you can even give it a special colour . Have fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭eirman

To find any program/film just use the "find" function

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Greetings from Azerbaijan :)

Has anyone used Digiguide on a Palm Pilot. I would be interested in doing this as I don't have a PC near the TV.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

is it possible to add the irish channels to Digiguide? How come even though you choose Ireland as the country it still has BBC at 101 and no mention of RTE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

You can easily remove the BBC channels from the top, just go into "change your channels" choose NTL Ireland (or whatever) and when the entertainment channels are up, either click remove in the centre of the screen or move them up or down, using the controls at the bottom. Easy peasey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by LFCFan
    is it possible to add the irish channels to Digiguide? How come even though you choose Ireland as the country it still has BBC at 101 and no mention of RTE?
    If you want to change the channel number, right-click in the normal browsing window (not in the customise section or add channels section in other words) and click "change channel number"

To add RTE/TV3/TG4, just select "All UK and Irish channels" when adding channels.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I'm using 6.1b beta. Just added them as terestrial channels and then changing the number to 101 etc. thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement