Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

name that tune #108 and #109

Options
  • 18-04-2002 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

ok 1st one is a song i hear on 'the phantom' alot. it's a girl singing (great voice), and most of the opening sentences begin with the word 'sometimes', so hey, that might be the name of the song. one of the 1st lines is 'sometimes i find it so amusing' or sommat like that.. and there's lots of mentions of "did u hear the bedroom door wasn't close, they forgot to close the door...' something like that.

the other one... i think this in an irish band.... lyrics are something like "don't i love u like u should... don't i treat u like u want' that kinda stuff...

suggestions please! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crow

heard that "sometimes" choon just 20 mins ago & i thought the same thing.... its a cool song, "sometimes i like to get high...". could be that Heather Nova person? just a guess tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

that would be bablefish with 'sometimes'

good vox on that track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I know the song youre talking about is it gemma hayes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

the first one is babelfish's 'sometimes'

the second one is wheat's 'dont i hold you'

thats defo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Vert

Ok i need some lyrical help too people..
    A song which goes...
    "riding on the path we made to union square"
    "everybody hit the ground i think i might have missed my calling everybody turn around the lights about to change....."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

the first quote is from that song...'dont you wanna ride in my, survival car'
    so i presume the song is called 'survival car' but i dont know who its by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Survival Car is "Fountains of Wayne" on their self titled album. The newer cd is "Utopia Parkway" a really great power pop album as well.

Cheers people!

now I have some and I know I will feel really dumb when I get the answers but I keep hearing these tunes when they are being played by "the phantom" so it dosent tell me what they are

earlier this evening:

"smiling irish eyes, yankee stars and stripes
    back home where its safe
    waiting for earthquakes...."
    ends with alot of "nanananana"

and the one with all the cheesy backing vocals
    fragmented lyrics "...cover version of love" and
    ".... bitter taste of saccherine"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Atonal the song youre talking about is bad cover version by pulp

• Advertisement

that Yankie stars and stripes song is pulp??

I assueme the "saccherine" song is the Pulp cover? which would explain why it is at once familiar and non-descript. Who did the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Uncle Neddy

There is no original. The song isn't a cover version. The title of the song is 'Bad Cover Version'.title

allright now I feel really dumb

Advertisement