Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voyager ep. - Relativity

• 18-04-2002 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

I was just thinking about this episode during the week, then seen it again last nite (weird!)

This has been frying my head for some time now:

Captain Braxton recruits 7 of 9 to find a bomb planted on voyager by person's unknown. She later finds out its Captain Braxton from the future. Braxton's frist officer then places Braxton under arrest for crimes he's going to commit.

The captain from the future commited the crime because his first officer arrested him, so what the feck is going on!, is time looping around or something??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by azezil
    The captain from the future commited the crime because his first officer arrested him, so what the feck is going on!, is time looping around or something??? :confused:

No.....The Braxton from the future was trying to destroy Voyager because he had gone mental from the amount of messing around he had to do with voyager - fixing time, etc etc. In Star Trek, they explain things as paradoxes that are happening anyway, ie time is unpredictable. Saves them having to explain to all those nerds who go - 'But if he went back in time, then that's not possible...' etc etc

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by seamus

No.....The Braxton from the future was trying to destroy Voyager because he had gone mental from the amount of messing around he had to do with voyager - fixing time, etc etc. In Star Trek, they explain things as paradoxes that are happening anyway, ie time is unpredictable. Saves them having to explain to all those nerds who go - 'But if he went back in time, then that's not possible...' etc etc

:)
    yeah but when they capture him, the guy from the future tells the guy from the past that his life is gonna get alot more complicated (or something to that effect). I took it that it was because he was releaved of command and had to go threw more terapy, he decided that wipeing voyager out of existance so he wouldn't of had to go threw all that in the first place.??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well uh yeah.....that's about the gist of it.

He was trying to destroy voyager so his life wouldn't be so ****ty.

Capiche?

ok so... i'll rest easy tonite :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

All Voyager time-travel related stories are officially STUPID :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Anubis

So, if Braxton and his crew are meant to fix time so that there are no paradox's howcome they didn't toss Voyager back to the Delta Quadrant in EndGame...

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

ahhh good point!!!!

Originally posted by Anubis
    So, if Braxton and his crew are meant to fix time so that there are no paradox's howcome they didn't toss Voyager back to the Delta Quadrant in EndGame...
    yes but the paradox's they fixed were all related to braxton in some way... 0_ó

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

i never was much good at temperal physics in the acadamy

No I’m still not happy with this at all. Was not him being arrested for crimes he was going to commit the reason for his decision to wipe Voyager out of existence. And if so the paradox is not solved as he has been arrested again and will go tru the sequence of events again and again and again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

i found more of a problem with the fact that there where 3 braxtons at the end and they where simply merged into one. what how. there where 3 braxtons there. with different memories and outlooks on life how do you merge that without causing problems

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    i found more of a problem with the fact that there where 3 braxtons at the end and they where simply merged into one. what how. there where 3 braxtons there. with different memories and outlooks on life how do you merge that without causing problems
    yeah i was wondering about the whole merging thing too... hmmm

Advertisement