Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which to get.......?

Options
  • 18-04-2002 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

I'm planning to buy a new P4 DDR capable motherboard but dont have a clue which one to get.

my budget is €150 and possibly €200

any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Friend of mine bought this p4 1.6ghz sys with 256mb ddr on a sis645 chipset and it was a joy to set up and was stable as could be, it's been running on w2kpro with np's for a week now, he swapped the crappy gfx card for his old gf2mx and it's v.nice. I'd recommend this motherboard to anyone, has a nice bios with plenty of options although I'm not sure who the motherboard manufacturer is check here for his system and ring jaguar and ask them what they want for the motherboard.

well quick check on the components page of www.jaguarcompsys.ie came up with this, looks like your price range 'n all :)

LEX BN-645 Pentium 4 Motherboard (DDR RAM only) € 155.00

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

For overclocking purposes and general high performance i would adivse an ABIT board. I have built several P4`s using these types of boards. Also make sure that the board is SOCKET 478 and not SOCKET 423 as 478 supports the new type of P4`s. Boards can be purchased from www.komplett.ie easily enough. For a further insight into building a machine using a abit board got to www.pcirl.com/build

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Originally posted by pcirl.com
    For overclocking purposes and general high performance i would adivse an ABIT board. I have built several P4`s using these types of boards. Also make sure that the board is SOCKET 478 and not SOCKET 423 as 478 supports the new type of P4`s. Boards can be purchased from www.komplett.ie easily enough. For a further insight into building a machine using a abit board got to www.pcirl.com/build
    Site does not look that bad actually. Hopefully it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

cheers, it started as a bit of craic, but a lot of people are interested so I`m going to have to rethink some of the content(add a Overclocking and downloads section). I`m trying to make it as Irish relevant as i can. But at the moment it`s part time and i`ve a lot of things to do(exams etc.). Hopefully by the summer it will be more functional and appeal to both advanced and basic users.

Advertisement