Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Usenet Servers

• 16-05-2001 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Switching @ home from Esat/IOL Free to UTV Internet, I found that UTV don't carry ie.comp on their news server. I'll pester them to add it, but in the meantime, does anyone know of a fast and free usenet server I can use while connected to UTV to view ie.comp?

Cheers in advance,

Bard
    "If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

As far as I know, news.boards.ie can be used in your newsreader for access to all the ie.* groups and some others, such as soc.culture.irish smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I tried news.boards.ie when dialed up through UTV Internet and had no luck. It looked for authentication... should I be using my username and password from the web site there? (surely not..?)

Bard
    "If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

have you got auth turned on for news.boards.ie?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Alternatively, you can connect to our news server news.boards.ie with the username "news" and password "boards".
    </font>

Advertisement