Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any 1 know how much.....

• 18-04-2002 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

folks

anyone know a good company to host their websites with, is it better to pay a little bit more i.e. €5 per month for a reliable company, or go with the cowboy €11.99 a month ones, all suggestions welcome as I have 4 web sites to upload in the near future, and I am only really getting slowly into the back end/Webmaster stuff, having to do it all on my own is a pain.

many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Hi Paddyc,

My recommendation is to use a local company (ie: Irish). You will get Windows or Linux hosting from reputable hosts in Ireland (like us <plug>) from around the 13 euro a month mark. Make sure you are getting Dublin based servers, free phone tech support and try the live and phone support before comitting.

:)
    Best of luck,
    Stephen
    http://www.hosting365.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I have tried a few different sites to host with, but would go for an Irish one. In hosting you pay for what you get. The best is www.bmor.com who offer 3 options on hosting.

So a local company reselling for a UK company is still considered a local host?

Just fyi, check out
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31975&highlight=fasthosts
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31543&highlight=fasthosts

Do a search on any such board for 'fasthosts' (which is the reselling company in this case.

Stephen

ps: pcirl - it would also help if you included the fact that you -are- bmor.com when you recommend them, sounds less sneaky that way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

<plug>Me gots a webserver thats faster than greased grease :) If you want a price for hosting email me at rymus@eircom.net</plug>

Where is it rymus?

• Advertisement

in ma shed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

So I presume it has redundant links, UPS + generators and A/C just like hosting365..... :cool:

No i`m not bmor.com, i consult for them from time to time, I have never had any complaints with there service and support whatsoever.
    ps Stephen: I bet you wear a sandwich board advertising hosting365 all day long
    The idea of boards is that people can give constructive advice to each other. If you have a particular problem with me or any of my posts, by all means email me and we can arrange a meeting to rectify your banal attitude towards competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

LOL..

Hi Pcirl,

Not banal, just when someone is competing, they should be clear, you host with them, your domain is registered by them and owned by them, so it is apparent that you are them, you should have stated that in your post, and not tried to appear as an independant party. That is not "constructive advice " but, as you rightly say, competition,

Stephen

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The Cigarette Smoking Man
    So I presume it has redundant links, UPS + generators and A/C just like hosting365..... :cool:

Yes my shed is triple redundant, lightning proof, "huff and puff" proof (damn wolf), has its own generator and a redundant link to the national grid... Its resistant to a 400 megaton nuclear blast and comes in your own choice of wood venir colours.

You just simply COULDNT hope for a better service!

Jaysus Rymus,

Can we move 3 cabs of machines to you!! What are your rates like ?? :):):) lol

Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Heh. The bit about the sandwich board is classic. Every post I've seen from Stephen is about his own company.

Check with a few of the net cafes, ask Meglome maybe? Some of the US ones are pretty nifty, have used them myself. I'm sure there's a bunch of people here that have sites hosted, they can give you one or two tips on their hosting peeps.

Originally posted by steve-hosting36
    Jaysus Rymus,

Can we move 3 cabs of machines to you!! What are your rates like ?? :):):) lol

Stephen

Course ya can... cos my shed is great! It'll only cost ya 5 pints and a go off yer sister... (per annum)

>>The bit about the sandwich board is classic<<

LOL :) Stop giving me marketing ideas! :) It's tough keeping a biz going in these competetive times, so apologies if anyone is offencded, but I don;t mention my company ALL the time :)

Rymus - how about 4 pints and a go off me dog ?

Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

okay thanks for the advice folks, I'll check all suggestions out, and take it from there many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

In Fairness to Steve I did find one :rolleyes: : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eating

Originally posted by steve-hosting36
    Rymus - how about 4 pints and a go off me dog ?
    i'd say there wouldn't be much difference between this and your sister

Originally posted by eating
    i'd say there wouldn't be much difference between this and your sister

Oooooooooooh! Thats just plain nasty! Dont be getting too bitchy now - I only started as a bit of a larf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Hey Steve,

David here from bmor.com. Came across this post from my referral stats. It's nice to see my clients promoting me and passing my name out to others. Hosting isn't my main business area... its designing websites. We need them hosted on good servers and we offer that to our clients.

It's all about marketing!!

Talk to again sometime...

Regards,

p.s. Thanks pcirl.com

• Advertisement

Hi Dave,

As there is no actual link to bmor.com from this thread, it would not appear in your referrars :)

That said, I wouldn't call fasthosts 'good servers' :):)

On the pcirl side - do you register all your customers domains in your name?

Stephen

Hi Steve

It was my prefernce for Mr Behan to take care of the registration details.

I posted a link to www.bmor.com on the previous page possibly you may have missed that due to your fixation of "pimping" your dog.

I`m glad I didn`t host with your crowd STEVE as it seems you lack professionalism and are more suited to the imature posts, and "hard sell" attitide that are now your trademark.

The fact of the matter is that i have had no trouble with bmor.com and have only praise for there service - This i would see as a Quality Professional Service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Once again, thanks Barry. Steve, if your promoting your business, it doesn't seem like good business to attack other businesses. Fair competition is a better marketing method than putting your competition down. Our company offer hosting but our main business is Web Development.

If you are fixated with promoting your business professionally, why not do it in a manor that does not make you look like the bad guy. I believe a marketing tactic of being fair and understanding to your competitors skills and resources is better than finding their weakness and trying to exploit it.

Yes, we are a reseller of Fasthosts and have been provided with a high quality service. They do lack on the standard server and so we use the Silver and Gold servers that are not shown on their website for our clients... giving them extra speed, less websites per server, etc. A much better service for a bit extra. We do take pride in our customers and spend that bit extra to ensure they are satisfied.

As barry said... www.bmor.com was linked to earlier in this thread and he permitted me to use my information on registration details.

Anyway, nice talking to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

What the hell does this have to do with the price of tomatoes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement