Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zip drive woes

• 16-05-2001 3:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

ok, Windows 2000 SP1 here running fine in almost all respects - except that it just will not detect my parallel port zip100. I've looked around a few search engines and found tips about changing parallel port properties to support legacy devices etc, and have done all that, but to no avail.

I downloaded the latest IomegaWare software from iomega.com, and it seems to have done sweet f3ck all besides change the icon of my CD writer (iomega 4x4x24).

The zip drive is connected directly to the parallel port, not through a scanner or anything.

Anyone able to help?

- Munch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

does your machine recognise anything on paralel port?
    i have win2k pro and until i upgraded to sp2 i could not use my HP970 on that port and had to use a USB cable.

Britany Spears Looking incredible
    bsac297.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Dunno, haven't tried anything else on the parallel port yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

what about a firmware upgrade of the zipdrive but first check the bios for references to the parrallel port and mess with some settings .
    Try to get the macine to detect the zip drive on boot.
    stuff like that.
    sorry that im not more specific.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its sorted now - Just needed to change parralel port settings in my BIOS - which struck me as strange as the existing settings worked just fine under win98/ME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

zip drives are a pain to get working on 2000
    check parallel port mode is EPP in the BIOS
    also check you version of iomega ware is 2.2.1 or above.
    disable legacy support in the BIOS unless you're using a usb keyboard.
    also make sure the driver you're using is iomega parallel port interface and that should sort any problems you have.
    woooooo - 100th post biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement