Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

religion forum

• 18-04-2002 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Forgive me if this should be in another forum.....
    I have a suggestion for a religion forum.
    I am seeing religious threads popping up all over the boards and it seems to be a popular enough topic amongst the viewers...
    What do you think about starting a Forum on Religion?

I myself have been schooled formally and pondered joining a convent at one point to teach as a nun. I would love to comment, see more topics, or even moderate such a thread....

It's just a suggestion, what do you think?

would you like to see a forum dedicated to religion? 9 votes

YES, I'd like to see all religion topics put into one forum of its own
    0% 0 votes
    no thanks
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by IRISHLILY24

What do you think about starting a Forum on Religion?

I think it's a bad idea.

Well... you did ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

It is a popular topic but what can be gentle ribbing can turn into sectarianism. I don't think there should be one Hurt feelings and there are some spammers on this site that'll muck up anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

erm no thanks. I understand where you are coming from and all. But that fact of the matter is that after about a week there would be nothing new left to debate. And it would be the same threads being posted over and over again with the same unanswerable question. not worth the time imo. It would be flamed to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

True, very true. The topic however is inevitably going to pop up anyway all the time since it is a time honored argument, such as politics... I just thought it would be nice for to have its own section when someone does have a gripe or question etc..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

addtoast.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

whats wrong with posting religious stuff in humanities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Beastie Boy

What ^"Socks"^ said ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Sweet Holy Mother of all that is Blessed and the Baby Jesus Lord Holy Spirit resurrected from the Dead to save our Sins of which there are many and some Are particularly bad Sweet spirit Christ in a waddling basket made from reeds from the Tigres floating down said river towards The Christian destiny of ridding the World of eVil in His and His Fathers Name do I heartily support this Product and/or Service.

Please send donations now to the Amp centre for Healing And Good at 1066 Wrigley Field, West Addison, Chicago for more details. Touch the screen. Bless you child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

/me makes amp my new religion. my credit card number is in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bad idea imho. I'd only go telling you all where you're wrong in every thread, and describing my idea of a perfect 1 world religion. Whether I'd be right or not is another question - one I'd prefer not to have to deal with. :D

Besides PI and Humanitites can deal with it.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Bad bad idea. Nuff said.

A board full of people argueing against religion, and people like Biffa Bacon coming up with half-arsed remarks. Bad bad idea. I still can't understand why anyone would be interested in religion enough to have a board dedicated to it. And no you can't be a mod. Bad poster. Bad.

If you were a mod what would be your title Religon\board or religous?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Kraken
    If you were a mod what would be your title Religon\board or religous?

Mod: Fr. Jack :D

bad idea me thinks!

have to be dougel he is so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Any board that would consider matters of faith is asking from trouble, especially if you consider that many on Boards are very anti-religion (a common Irish demographic).

Also what constitutes religion? Or a cult? Or a mythology?

I seem to remember a history/mythology was mooted a while back: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40609

Any relgion board world probably be best combined with the topic of mythology - after all, one man's god is another man's tooth fairy.

Actually, I pondered joining a convent school at one point, too, but for more carnal reasons :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

lol Corinthian.

If there is going to be a "Religion" board, cults should be included. There is little difference between a lot of cults and the Church, besides the membership count :P Will Satanism be included? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

oh plz not more crazy catholics tryin to spread there liez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

[Holier than thou mode on]
    NO
    [Holier than thou mode off]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I think its a great idea* I could use it to spread my teachings to the idiotic masses.

*not really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

I would view the idea very cautiously, to say the least. There appears to be very little restraint displayed when such issues are discussed and it would I expect quickly lead to flame wars on a biblical scale.

Also, for the vast majority of people who post here, Religious issues are secondary to their lives. Should someone have an interest in such matters, no doubt there are plenty of sites where it receives a priority interest. Delegation to such sites may be the wisest thing to do for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I agree with Clains 1st comment in that religous topics soon degenerate. Still I voted yes, though at the moment it seems humanities forum is taking up the slack nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Oh well we can see the way this is going, sorry IL.

Poll/thread closed.

J.
    --

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement