Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cousins?

Options
  • 18-04-2002 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey,
    what do you think of the whole idea of one cousin going with another cousin? how far apart do cousins have to be if they want have a relationship? is it totally wrong? i mean blood is thicker than water? has anyone ever experienced a "situation"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

go for your life.
    let me get my banjo.

you shure got a purty mouth....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

lol wwm, in his own way he's right

too close to home. there's plenty of fish in the sea. find someone you're not *related* to.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ahhhh but technically we are all related.... :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

as WWM tactfully put it, yes you could end up with a kid like the one from Deliverence, way too close to the gene pool, not recommended! a vasectomy is the only way I can see around this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

No thanks, there are enough people who aren't related out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Too close to home, to much risk for the kids... (Look at royalty...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Beastie Boy

didn't that guy bubbles post something about this recently-
    I think he said he would,

Not for me though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Your 2nd Cousin is about as legally close you can get.
    ie. something like your Grandfather's sister's grand daughter.

But it is kinda weird how at least one of your cousins are always quite pretty, but she is like a sister to me so don't make me think about it:).

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What would your granny think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Slider

trust me, but for whatever reason, keep away from your cousin. Think of the outcome it'd have if ye had kids. its too risky going with your cousin,..... anyway, what would your folks think if you were with your cousin.

its just gross, end of discussion for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

ok was the origional topic would you sleep with your cousin, what the hell are you all on about kids and the like.
    People, simple question when you go out at the weekends and you are cruising for some whoopie, do you look at someone and say god i want there kids (psycho's need not reply)

I have heard that you can legally marry your fourth cousin but as like most ppl i have to firm evidence to bakc it up.

And to answer the origional question i would not sleep with a cousin for the simple reason things have not gotten that bad just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

If she was someone like Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera, i say unpack your suitcase. But if they aint your cousins stay well away, my friends friend uncle and aunt are cousins.
    And lets say their child wont win miss ireland anytime soon, nothin a few hundred thousand €uro wont fix. She cud be purty with a lil help from the doc, y'all dont be so judgmental to the poor, hang on a sec ma i gotta boogie stuck in mo belly button.

Think of the embarrassment, you would feel if your whole family and friends found out. Enough to make you want to flee the country.

That said, its yur decision.
    Yur friend
    Cletus

/Gordonedit (you been on the moonshine caesar?!)

You can marry your 2nd cousin, ie your aunt or uncle's son or daughter. Its legal but i am pretty sure you need permission from the church to show how much you love one another awwwwwwwwwwwww :)

In Maine, America you can marry animals. So i am going to get me a horsey. Yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Caesar, we all know about you and your horseys.

If only i had got horse riding lessons.

I'll leave it at that before i am accused of offending someone yet again. Sorry in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Rufus T Firefly

Maybe I can't count but isn't your "your aunt or uncle's son or daughter" your first cousin, not your second? As far as I know you can marry your first cousin and - with the permission of your Dioscean bishop - get married in a Catholic church to boot.

The tricky bit is getting the trailer park booked for the reception.

Yeah sorry i meant first cousin, sorry about that unregistered, i suppose its legal for you to unpack your sack in her trailer now.

I bet she has a purty smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

This topic was on Humanities recently. If you want to hear from people who are for it - some1 came up with www.kissingcousins.com It basically says you can't help who you love and there's no genetic reason why not.

Tbh the idea makes me uncomfortable.

So you are saying you could fall in love with your sister/mother?
    Like that steven king film with the cats or in brookside.
    Genetics or not, you'd be thinking something is morally wrong when you have your tractor parked in her barn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I love my mammy very much thank you - just not in that way.

I wasn't saying it - it was the gist of the argument at kissingcousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There you have it -Unregistered- what you do from now is up to you :)

Oh, and people have complained about this thread's spiral into murkiness. It's a shame we have to lock it. If anyone wants to keep this thread alive PM the moderators and we'll think about re-opening with foliage pruned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement