Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestion for work group

Options
  • 18-04-2002 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

After the next election, a topic should be started with the names, number, email, fax and constituency of ever dail member. as well as several templates of what to say on the phone and what to put in a letter

I think this would be an excellent idea, and incase theres a repeat of today, people can fire off several emails and phonecalls in a short period, like a lunch break.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

A standard e-mail, letter and fax template would be very handy to have for similar situations in the future. Also, any chance of someone coming up with some sort of standard flyer that we could give out to politicians when they come knocking on doors looking for votes? I've been trying to knock something up the past couple of days but I just can't get a decent look to it and I'm not too sure what information would be needed to put in it. Anyone here fairly handy with MS Publisher or something and think they could knock up something better than my lame attempts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

We are working on a map based "TD finder" which would do much as suggested. On clicking a consituency, a list of TDs with details would be presented. This was started by two of the working group members, gandalf and pork99 and dahamsta has done a lot on the database side. It is pretty much completed but has not yet been fully tested. There was too little time to complete this for the current activity. One of the things we need to do is make sure the email addresses are current and actually work. There's a lot of checking involved. This, of course, will have to wait until the next Dail.

Advertisement