Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championshi Manager

Options
  • 18-04-2002 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

ok i need help beating my friends 3-5-2 attacking formation. My record against him is horrible bad. In 14 matches he has won 10 of them. I am so ashamed!!!!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Presuming its the latest version.

At the bottom of the set tactics you will see 4-1-3-2, this has always been a favourite of mine. Since he is packing midfield you should just play direct passing and Hard tackling and if you have want turn on Offside trap, its a matter of personal prefrence.

If you have a leakey defence, use 5-3-2 Attacking. Get the best central defender with Determination, speed and heading and put him in the middle of the 3 at the back. Use Direct Passing, and Hard Tackling.

If its an older version you want to use wingers with good speed and crossing, and get them crossing the ball to fowards who are good headders of the ball (and speed if possible)<insider tip there!>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

Thanx i will try that and it is the latest version of championship manager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

you should have a look at 5-4-1 defensive. youll let almost no goals and maybe score 1 or 2 on the counter attack

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

[If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing! -S.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

prehaps i will try that sofaking..........or prehaps not my arch nemsis who has beaten me too many times in championship manager.........maybe it is just a ploy to make it easier for you to beat me..................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

4 - 3 - 1 - 2
                  s     s
                    am
               cm cm cm
             lb  cd  cd  rb
                   g

Eh I cant draw the arrows so it's like this
    The right and left back should have arrows going as far as half-way line.
    The attacking mid should have one going as far as the strikers.
    The 3 centre mids should be like this, the ones on the outside should have arrows that go up as far as the attacking mid and the mid dead centre, his arrow should go up just below the attacking mid.

Tactics:
    Set mentality to attacking.
    Tackling to hard.
    Pressing on.
    Passing mixed.
    Offside trap on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

By latest version do you mean 5 or 4?? Has anyone played 5 yet? Is it any good? Am contemplating buying it, but not sure yet...

Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Cm 5 isnt out yet anyways its not the real championship manager as its not even made by the same people....head over to the former makers of ALL the championship manager games www.sigames.com and check out football manager 2005 this is the TRUE follow up to all former champ manager games of the past 10 years demo ment to be out some time next month with the game around x-mas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I have always found that the formation I use : a flat back four , with central midfielder an attacking midfielder central and two wingers(Attacking midfielders) going to the byline with two up front , is best against a 3-5-2 , and I would normally beat the opposition between 4 and 7 nil while using this formation .

Although in real life it dosen't make sense , if you had one central midfielder aginst his 5 midfielders(assuming they are all on the same line of circles) .

If this dosen't work you could always try using the same formation as his , and hopeing you have better players to that formation .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

By latest version do you mean 5 or 4?? Has anyone played 5 yet? Is it any good? Am contemplating buying it, but not sure yet...

Any ideas??

by the latest version , I have noticed you have brought up a thread 2 and a half years old , so no it probably isn't the latest version now .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

SHould this not be in the Football management forum?

ANyway use 4-4-2 like big ears with flat back 4....2 attacking wingers! defensive midfielder and an attacking one..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

oldposts.jpg

Advertisement