Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Burner

• 15-05-2001 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy a decent CD Burner?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

online? try todayonly.co.uk (scans page)
    dublin? try itdirect/peats/marx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

I would second scan. very good service (in my opinion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

Thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

Kali, what's/where's Marx?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

www.marx-computers.com
    That's where I got my burner, and I'm very happy with it. Comes with Nero 5 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,461 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yep, got an 8 port switch and nic from him recently, no problems at all,nice guy, recommend him highly.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Scan don't take Online orders outside the UK.
    I used to like them until they cancelled one I put in and mailed me to call them...FFS in this day and age having an online store that can't at least cater for europe, let alone fully international, is pathetic.
    They had my details, my order and my CC, yet they still wanted me to phone it in.

Fewls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Scan have terrible customer service in my opinion, and their delivery charges are sky high. I'd go with an Irish shop like peats, itdirect or marx. I know peats have 8x burners if you are on a tight budget, itdirect have nice aopen and yamaha burners, I'm sure marx have a decent selection as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Thing is about cd burners is that even if you get a CD burner that is really fast your Pc will depend on the speed it will be run at.. e.g if you start wrighting a disc at 12x from your hard drive it is likly you are going to have a buffer under run or somthing of that error.. cus your hard drive and pc isnt keeping up with the wrighting speed.. how ever if you are just coping cd to cs at that speed you might just as well invest A good fast burner. just some quike advise thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Yeah -ADREN- but most new, good writers got burn proof technology so buffer underrun should not happen anymore no matter what speed you are writing at smile.gif. All the new plexwriter (they make the best writers) have burn proof technology on it. Got a 32r12w10rw ide plexwriter myself from www.dabs.com a while ago and it was only about 170 irish or maybe less, can't remember. Have writen lots of cds at 12x and never had a problem.

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 16-05-2001).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement