Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying guitars from abroad

Options
  • 18-04-2002 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

So far i've found American sites with real cheap guitars but hugely expensive shipping and tax and euro coversion etc.
    And some European sites with cheap shipping but the guitars are fairly expensive. Anyone know any American sites with cheap shipping or European sites with cheap guitars?

Also if i got a guitar from America how much tax would i be charged and is there any way to avoid it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rancidsean

I saved €400 off a griendly German page: www.thomann.de

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

`You could always do what I did.I went to the Uk last year and picked up a `76`les paul for 800 sterling.I f I had of gotten it shipped it would have cost me an extra 100+.So I went myself (cost 20 return)bought the guitar and instead of getting it put in the hold I bought a seat for it for something like £12.00 one way.
    Saved something like 100 sterling.Plus they gave me the free drink for the guitar!!!!

Advertisement