Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frickin' Outlook Express

• 15-05-2001 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I've got a wee problem ... (please help if u can)

I've been using OE 5 on win98 for quite a while now, 6 odd months. It had numerous Identities setup etc... and there is some quite important mail there.

Anyway, t'has gone and died on me. I click to open it and no joy. I backed up the folders and tried reinstalling ... still the same problem. So I uninstalled, and bingo the older 4.[watever] version works a charm ... but I need the version 5 job back, and so I install it again.

Same bloody problem, I click, and ... nothing! Not even a damned error msg.

Any ideas at all at all ?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I don't know very much about outlook, since I don't use it, but I reckon whatever outlook files were corrupted on your outlook 5 install, weren't deleted when you uninstalled it, and so are causing problems when you reinstall it again. Perhaps the registry settings for outlook 5 are messed up also.

Apart from serious mucking around, trying to track down all these files, and editing the registry, the only solution I can see is to use windows update to patch up your machine. This should change most of the outlook files, and hopefully solve your problem. I'm sure someone who knows more about outlook will post soon smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hmm only time I've ever had a problem with OE5 is when I have netscape running, OE just hangs on startup.
    ending the task and restarting always does the trick smile.gif

unfortunaly thats nothing to do with your problem, however it does sound like some IE5 component has gone astray, did you reinstall that or just outlook express?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 nard

I didn't reinstall IE, just OE.

I may try to uninstall IE and OE and try again...

I dunno if I can mess about with the registry settings as IE is an integral part of win98 ...no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Try installing the IE6 Beta -fixed the probs i was having with outlook express

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/download/preview/ie6/ie6preview.asp

lph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 nard

fixed it!

thank f3ck!!!

i uninstalled, then deleted, then fukked with regedit ...

reinstalled

and bingo it worked!

thanks for the advice ppl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Digital Tilmitt

I have a different problem with OL E. I clicked to send a few Messages and then stopped, I did this quite a lot and now I have build up 7 messages to be sent. I no longer want to send these, how do I delete them?

Booyaka

Advertisement