Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank you everyone.

Options
  • 18-04-2002 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Today is still a good day for IrelandOffline, although it could have been a great day.

The members of IrelandOffline greatly underscored the need for flat rate in Ireland today and although the Telecommunications bill 2002 was not amended in relation to empowering the regulator to mandate flatrate, important comments were placed on the record of the Dáil from Jim Mitchell (Fine Gael) and Brian O'Shea (Labour), addressing the issue.

Jim Mitchell commented on how clogged his fax machine was and on the amount of emails he had received in relation to his ammendments.

Thank you all very much for all you did today. It made a big difference.

David Long
    Chairman IrelandOffline

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Arboration

But am I wrong in guessing it could be at least a year before the Irish people see flat-rate 56k?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

six to eight months..
    and in that time,I will be too busy studying for my junior.

Thanks a lot Mary!
    Bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

ok when will i be able to get dirt cheap adsl?

only kiddin, keep up the work,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Well done everyone :)
    That thread should be archived and thrown in peoples faces when they say 'Ireland Offline doesnt make a difference'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Great news! Good job I was on the work LAN this morning when I started sending emails by the dozen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Originally posted by Dangger

Thank you all very much for all you did today. It made a big difference.

Thank YOU!

Great Job everybody. I was a little downbeat earlier, but watched the video, and things seem better now :)

tim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭212.2.179.66

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Well done everyone :)
    That thread should be archived and thrown in peoples faces when they say 'Ireland Offline doesnt make a difference'.

What should also be thrown into peoples faces while your at it is this In a meeting on May 13th 2001 in a Dublin city centre hotel, this group, which was later to be named "IrelandOffline", was created. and we still have no ADSL or FRIACO. Neither of which will be achieved because of IOFFL intervention. But only because if and when Eircom decides they are ready to supply it to us they will. IOFFL can hop on the band wagon and say they did this and they did that or whatever. But the simple fact is that IOFFL have made no difference whatsoever and Eircom will always have the upper hand. ADSL/I-stream whatever WILL be released if and when Eircom decide to do it. And not because of any useless pressure IOFFL have put on them. IOFFL can take the credit for the eventual introduction of ADSL/FRIACO when Eircom do decide to release it. But lets face the truth here. It’s been almost a year. Eircom have managed to hold off this long and do not be fooled, they can hold out for much longer. You are being feed titbits of information bye Eircom about things that have already been decided BY EIRCOM etc. and ye think ye are winning. My next post will be “I told ye so” huh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Bit defeatist there, 212.2.179.66? Good job not everyone has your attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭212.2.179.66

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    Bit defeatist there, 212.2.179.66? Good job not everyone has your attitude.
    That may be so but I would be only too delighted to be proven wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Originally posted by 212.2.179.66

That may be so but I would be only too delighted to be proven wrong.

Thats the great thing about being a pesimist, isnt it? Your either 'Right as usual' or 'Pleasently Surprised'.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Felix Randel

212.2.179.66 you have been here what? 5 minutes?

dont watch the big fishes, its allways the little fishes that make the stuff happen. Im certain esat, the odtr eircom and the goverment take ioffl extremely serious

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Moriarty

Thats the great thing about being a pesimist, isnt it? Your either 'Right as usual' or 'Pleasently Surprised'.

:rolleyes:

No. that's an optimistic pessimist. A true pessimist will say "I'm right as usual, unfortunately" Or "surprised, unfortunately".

The emphasis is on the "unfortunately" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

well done ppl :D

Advertisement