Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aspi in win2k

• 16-05-2001 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Does ANYONE have good aspi drivers for windows 2000 (it doesnt come with them)... the adaptec site doesnt seem to have them and I downloaded some dodgy ones that dont work. I need them to rip music from CD's in a prog I like.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

well i use 'ForceASPI 1.7' but im WIN ME they are greit they do work in NT and 2k.

i aint got a link but are easy to find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,461 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

cdrwin eh??

Get the aspi update here,

ftp://ftp.adaptec.com/software_pc/aspi/aspi32.exe

Just checked it, is working.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StrataGIST:
    well i use 'ForceASPI 1.7' but im WIN ME they are greit they do work in NT and 2k.

i aint got a link but are easy to find
    </font>

Hmm, last time i saw someone suggest that was in dalnet for WinXP..r u being naughty, JK

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

That adaptec layer requires either a previous layer or adaptec hardware on your system. I'll just throw in the old sb16 with scsi smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerry:
    That adaptec layer requires either a previous layer or adaptec hardware on your system. I'll just throw in the old sb16 with scsi smile.gif</font>

Yep thats very true Gerry, but llatsni did say he downloaded some "dodgy ones", the adaptec installer will update his system if it detects ANY aspi files such as wnaspi32.dll,winaspi.dll,aspi32.sys or wowpost.exe installed on his system.

Because i spell poorly doesn't make my post invalid,sometimes i hit send because someone or something made me see red.Deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Win2k doesn't have any kind of aspi layer on it - natively it doesn't use it. Definitely agree with strataGIST - get ForceASPI - does the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Not a direct answer, but if you just want to rip try Audiograbber, you can set it to bypass ASPI when extracting (Works in NT, haven't tried it in Win2k).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

putting in the sb16 scsi worked! The official adaptec aspi layer installed, after a good bit of tweaking to get the card working.

Advertisement