Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Bodge-jobs

Options
  • 19-04-2002 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Ello, i recently cut a hole in the back of my computer to make way for a cpu exhaust fan (one taken from an old heat-sink) , here's some pictures of my finished job:

DSC00135.JPG
    inside case shot showing exhaust fan positioned by the side of cpu heatsink.
    DSC00136.JPG
    exterior shot showing fan

Please post similar messy case modifications here soon. I might start frequenting this board as im addicted to cutting holes in my case with my hacksaw now =D

p.s: which way would the fan be idealy, blowing into the case, or out-of the case? At the moment my front fan is sucking air into the case, and the rear fan(s) are blowing air -out-

- noog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Depends if ya suck or blow your cpu sink.
    If ya suck your sink blow out the back.
    If ya blow your sink blow in otherwise your cooler is under powered.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

Hmm, the heatsink is just your average coolermaster one, 30 quid jobby from maplins, it seems to blow into the heatsink, so you suggest i make my rear CPU fan blow -INTO- the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eating

is it just my eyes or is that pic a bbit blurry ? ?

have the fan blowing over the components , it will cool them as it flows over them

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

The pictures are blurry because the fan's were actually spinning when i took the picture...

I took the case front off and the temperature dropped from 41 to 37.. so i'll probably try with the fan the other way around...

p.s , post pictures of your dodgy case bodges!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

will do as soon as I get my hands on a camera, or drag one of my mates over with their camera :)

I'd make the two fans at the back of the case exhaust fans and the one on the sidepanel a blower, should help drop the temps a bit. btw is that your motherboard temp? If it is it's quite high :/

My motherboard is idle at 21 and under full load at 25-27

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm going doing a bit of that soon, hope to get some funky fans, heatsinks and thermal epoxy in Dublin next week.

I've hacked the shíte out of my Slot1 P3 800 Cu
    Going to rip off the standard fan soon and put it on the back over the block of circuitry and duct it out the back, with 2 40mm Socket7 salvage fans on the heatsink itself.
    Wil post pics of the mess later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well ive taken pics of my computer at moment but will post them once i have the pc fully moded . just so ya get the ida of what im doing

ive a full atx tower replacing the side pannel with once im going to make from plexi glass . got 2 of those green aero dinamic power cables one yellow fdd cable im respraying the thing once i find a nice colour . also orderd a purple 12" black light for the inside of it .

at moment i have added 2 190mm fans to it .one above the cpu one at bottom of computer . i am also going to cut holes in top of computer blowing air out of it .

becide cpu i am going to be sucking air from it and out of the computer .

also putting in 2 190mm case fans blowing onto the pci devices .
    and finaly adding a fan to the gf2-mx400

cant reely think of mutch else to do to the bloody thing but looking also .

yep i did have the sizes wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Originally posted by elexes

at moment i have added 2 18mm fans to it

also putting in 2 19mm case fans blowing onto the pci devices .
    I think you have the fan sizes wrong
    18mm = 180cm?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

hehe
    read what you just posted Hacktavist :)

18cm = 180mm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

right so looks like non of us can type anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Doh!

Advertisement