Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newbie needs a spanking

• 19-04-2002 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

After his rampant spamming on the After Hours board, eating has now taken to the other boards to insult it's users:
    i'd say there wouldn't be much difference between this and your sister

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=434915#post434915

Someone needs a lesson in Netiquette. Or a spanking. Though he'd probably like that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eating

i thought it could have been taken with the same spirit that stephen's post was to be taken in. and let the record show that there is no proof that stephen has a sister , and therefore this insult would no longer have an effect.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

i thought it could have been taken with the same spirit that stephen's post was to be taken in. and let the record show that there is no proof that stephen has a sister , and therefore this insult would no longer have an effect.

Really!? Here's a little slice of cake for you to digest...
    My mother's been in a permanant coma for three years so far, and it's safe to say she's out of the picture when it comes to me and my family (Not in a bad way that is, she's now in Westmeath Hospital and Im in Galway). Yet, saying something along the lines of "Yore Ma Sucks Donkey Ballz" wouldn't hurt me because she out of my life right now?

Get a life, you turnip - It seems the immediate action taken out by the majority of newcomers is to blow **** and upset people / cause grief for moderators and admins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I dont know any of you, but...

I'd just like to say that the quote sounds worse than it was meant, when taken out of context.

There were a few off color remarks in that thread, some minor bickering etc. (and not just by eating)

Now ive not seen any of eatings other threads, so perhaps there is a pattern there, but in this case, he was not the only offender.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eating

i apologise for my post if it was taken to offend the party envolved , that was not my primary intention, nor was it my secondary one either. it was a jibe at a person who seemed to be annoying people by selling his services on the board. the said person offered his dog instead of his sister , when someone asked to sleep with her as payment for hosting 3 of stephens racks. i just posed the question was there any difference between these.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Before some tart comes along and flames me for for having issues, the point of my previous post is that no matter what family related comments are made (Yes, even if they're made about a sister which you might not even have) can have a dramatic effect on the "Sensitive" types, like myself - Thus it'll cause uneeded / unwanted flames and ****.

I haven't checked the thread, and to be quite frank, I wouldn't bother - But it seems to me that anyone arrogant enough to hurl family orientated bull**** about other people, wether jokingly or to actually insult the other person, is a pitiful little sod who deserves at the very least a slap on their dirty wrist...

Eating, you sound like an intelligent bloke, but one must realise that when on a site like boards, the smallest comment can cause the biggest outrage... Im in quite a stressful week, so Im just rather narky right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

While i haven't read every post the person has made, any that i have read seem to be alrite *shrug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Woah! calm down rope!...you're reading far too much into his comment than was intended!

Yes SheroN, hence I edited the last part of my post...

I'll spell it out - "I... Am... Very... Narky... Right... Now..."

Im in the middle of town with my sister, in a cafe being bludgeoned by the ****ing rain, had a really nerve wracking interview earlier, have to go home and have my ears bashed by my father later and other things I wont bother to list... I doubt this gives me a right to have all guns blazing on such a small topic/rant though, but you should know me by now - Im good at one thing, and thats being a moany little twit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    Yes SheroN, hence I edited the last part of my post...

I'll spell it out - "I... Am... Very... Narky... Right... Now..."

Im in the middle of town with my sister, in a cafe being bludgeoned by the ****ing rain, had a really nerve wracking interview earlier, have to go home and have my ears bashed by my father later and other things I wont bother to list... I doubt this gives me a right to have all guns blazing on such a small topic/rant though, but you should know me by now - Im good at one thing, and thats being a moany little twit.
    If you need to let it out the Personal Issues forum is there for you... i say that in the most non condescending or sarcastic manner. I can be nice at times, honest! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Rope, I know how you feel, and I second azezil's comment. Not in a sarcy way, but more genuine (cos we are nice :) )

Newbie probably doesn't need spanking, but is still a little off. Spamming et al. I get edgy when a newbie's name appears in every thread I see :P Probably just me.

On a diff note, is there any reason his "description" says Banned? Does that actually mean banned? Or what? Confusing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    can have a dramatic effect on the "Sensitive" types, like myself
    Yeah rope is a sensitive chappy who needs lots of snuggles

Im good at one thing, and thats being a moany little twit.
    Hmmm i was gonna play your card but it aint in the gathering :(

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Seemed to be in keeping with the light ribbing going on in the thread. I'm going to check previous posts, though a warning seems enough.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Rope, if you're in a "narky" mood, the best thing to do is not browse the boards, as alot of opinions could infringe on personal things. There is a divide between jibe's and applying them to reality, just like alot of jokes can have a very negative undertone. Don't analyse them, just give the person that made them the benefit of the doubt

Thanks Astro - I know what your saying, but boards (Unfortunately - But in a good way) surges through my veins - Thats coupled by the fact that I always have something to post up on the Game Editing Board...

To Azazeil, I have posted quite a multitude of issues on the Humanities Board (Way before the Personal Issues Board existed) and it didn't help much... Sure, you get the odd bit of sympathy, but sometimes thats not what you want... I vent frustrations out in the form of moans, but always bend them towards the topic and make sure I don't go on mass rampages posted irrelevant trollop...

Anyway, thanks for the support - Didn't mean to be harsh on Eating, but an intelligent bloke (I think?) like him really doesn't set a good example by using such family based comments...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Just a question
    Did all this result in eating being banned?
    Im sure there must have been more and i dont meen to bring
    up old trouble , just wondering you know.....

static

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I reviewed eatings posts and didnt like what I saw. *boot*.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 greating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

greating...... hmmmm

gr(eating)....hmmmm

whats going on

I said spanking not banning ;)

I got confused aswell. Banned appeared there with no word on any of the threads. T'was a strange day.

Eating (or Greating), did you ever admit the threads on the After Hours boards were a joke, or did you seriously mis-post PMs (which seemed unlikely)? Not that it matters either way. Ho hum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 seating

:'(

• Advertisement

Eating, are you honestly saying you think your conduct to date has been ok? Unless you are interested in curbing your muppet tendancies then I'd prefer if you'd just feck off.
    We can have a big ol nasty fight but frankly you arent that serious a muppet and if you just stopped trying to amuse everyone like the class clown you'd be fine.

I'll leave "seating" alone to see if you can behave yourself but dont think I dont already know all I need to know about you in real life.

I've a pretty good track record in making people wish they hadnt posted mindless **** on boards.
    Score:
    DeVore: Lots ... Muppets: Not very much.

So, cant we just get along?

DeV.

I always behave after Devore hits me. *sniffle*
    ;)

Welcome back, s/gr/eating

can you change my username to 'eating'

btw. thank you.

time for beers

oops bump :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

That just made me all warm inside.

No, seriously.

/me sniffs with flu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

dont think I dont already know all I need to know about you in real life.

I wonder, did you ever go searching for info on me back in the day? I'd be interested in knowing what you found out, id imagine very little.

Advertisement