Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic in Ireland

Options
  • 19-04-2002 8:37pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, how long does it take you to get to Work/school in you car? Does your area suffer from bad traffic, exciting my estate, about 40 metres for me used to take 20 mins, it was terrible, then we got permission for the m50 to be extended so that people could just cut straight onto the M50 which cleared the traffic up greatly! now it takes me less than 10 mins to get to school by a coach, its a little over a mile, just straight down the M50 for me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I take the same route to the same area in the mornings as OJ. I leave a bit later than him tho (afaik) and it takes me a little over 20 mins on average. It used to be a right pain in the bollox before that new slipway. Took around 50mins on some mornings to travel around 100m.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You leave at the more conjestion time, thats why! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Takes me about 15 minutes - to make it as far as the living room ;)
    Originally posted by OJ
    then we got permission for the m50 to be extended so that people could just cut straight onto the M50 which cleared the traffic up greatly!
    !!!! Your own private access to the M50, in breach of the Motorways Act, 1976?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

It's not quite like that. Basically they extended a slipway onto the northbound lane by about 300 yards which reduced the mass of traffic arriving at the bridge at the same time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

lol Victor the man with all the acts ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

50minutes.
    Traffic on Stillorgan Dual carriageway is usually pretty bad in the mornings (about 8am). Then town is too. Once you get through town the rest isnt too bad. Ballsbridge/Donnybrook is usually jammers too actually from around the British Embassy up to the American one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Takes me 5-10 mins to walk into college. If it's only one mile you have to travel get a bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

takes me about 25 minutes to get to work (Coolock to Blanchardstown) and about 45 minutes to get home. I don't bother using the M50 any more, the back roads are quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Work #1: about 25 mins
    Work #2: about 2 minutes 24 seconds (less if I dont slow down for the speed bumps)

Advertisement