Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To all Leaving Cert'ers ...

Options
  • 19-04-2002 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Okay, I know ye all have slightly more important things to worry about than some fools Junior Cert, but bear with me. I am going to assume that all of you have sat your Junior Cert and maybe some of you messed it up and maybe some more got 98% in everything. Anyway, my question is this, I completely and utterly slacked off in first, second and most of third year so I am slightly more than fécked for the Junior. In my mocks I got two A's, one B, three C's two D's and an E which I know I can do better than. (All in honours, except a D in pass Irish and C in pass Woodwork.) Anyway, I have two questions:

(a) For those of you who were in a similar position to me, were you able to turn it around and get nearly all A's?

(b) For those of you who completely fécked up your Junior, even though you know you could've done better, does it still bother you or are you fixing things by whipping the Leaving Cert's arse?

Thanks,
    Bob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I got similar and i went and got 7As and 2 Bs in the mocks, you'll be fine.

:) *hug*

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

Heh, thanks Fio but you know me so ... I dunno, I want opinions of people who have never heard of me before! :) Granted, you always make things seem better but right now I would prefer the cold hard truth to opening the envelope in September and seeing 10 E's.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

In my Junior pre:
    I failed four

In my Junior exam:
    5 B's,
    5 C's,
    1 D.

Don't worry about it. Even if you think you've done **** in some of the subjects, they'll come up decent enough in September.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I got 2 As 6 Bs a C and a D, I did a bit of work for the exams, which was a waste of time in fairness, I couldn't even remember what I'd got in the junior cert, had to look it up just now. The Junior cert has outlived it's usefulness IMO, nowadays anyone who leaves school before the leaving still won't use the junior cert results for anything generally anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

It's only your Junior Cert. Calm down. There are more important things.

Anyhoo, in my pres i got a D in Science and a D in Maths, ended up with an A and B respectively, if thats any help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

JC: (mocks) 2 As 4 Bs 2 Cs 1 D ->(june) 5 As 4 Bs

It can be done, but you'll be grand anyway. Just study hard and practise the exam paper questions (how to get As in maths, business, science) and you'll be ok.
    I got 550 in the mocks this time.
    <hugs'n'kittens>

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The junior cert is worthless, unless you're leaving school without a leaving cert (quite a silly thing to do IMO). I can't even remember what i got in the JC. Lets just say it wasn't great. I ended up getting 365points in the leaving though, which is way more than I needed for my chosen course... now I have first year exams from college staring me in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

that ole jc thingy...himm 1 A 6B's 1 C and 2 D's...and i did 0 hours of study..and quite happy i did nuffin.....left all my second level work till 6th year and its goin fine:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I was the reverse. I did maybe 3 hours study the night before each test, and came out with 2A's 4B's and 2 C's all honours, which made me very complacent come LC time. Failing the JC or doig crap is a kick in the arse. The JC and LC are nothing alike. They can't be compared, and good JC results don't guarantee good LC results and vice versa. Do the JC, and forget about it. 4 months into 4th year you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i did absolutely ****e in the Jc, but got 7 B's, 2 C's and a D in the real exam..

btw, JC = waste of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If you have started working after mocks, you'll go up at least a grade in everyting, i did, and so did most ppl i know, Jc 3 A's 5B's 2C's

IMHO- Jc is only important to get you into the streamed classes for leaving cert, SO STUDY HARDER FOR THESE!!!!!! its much more important to get into a good class then do well in the JC.
    Start the real work in 5th/6th yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

OMG JC......

you'll be grand. I only did study for the last two weeks prior and did well enough
    Got 1A 5B's 2 C's 1 D
    its not a prob. I wouldnt think that you'd get more than 98% in everything unless your a King Nerd orelse put in a ****e load of work between now and then...
    LOL I'm ment to be studying for my L.C Atm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

JC= Big load of pants

I think I looked over a few maths theorems and that was about the extent of the study i did for it. Didnt do that badly cant even remember now. When you get into 4th well 5th really cause 4th is a waste of time then you realise no one gives a **** about what you got in JC and everyones only interested in LC.

Advertisement