Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arggh, Announcements!

• 20-04-2002 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Oops, We seem to have a problem.
    Devore's Beer announcement knocked Ireland Offlines Rules announcement out of existance :/

I changed the Rules from a sticky post to an announcement because we have a lot of stickies on the IOFFL forum, is it only possible to have one announcement per forum?

Edit: OK, im a complete moron. Its still there, its just the title has changed, Is there anyway to keep the title as 'The rules - Newcomers read this first' ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

the announcements are in the order they were made and the latest one gets the heading at the top of the forum. just edit your announcement slightly, and it will move it back above devores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

tried that, didnt seem to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

so delete it and post up a new one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Dustaz, you can post a new one, which will push the Boards one back down, but you're better off sticking with a sticky. That's why we had it in one... :)

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

ive put up a new one (a copy of the old one) but Devores still takes precedence.
    Isnt there any way round this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Bow to the buddha.

Put it as a sticky, no-one's going to read it anyway! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Will be a bit of a problem though, when people can innocently say "oh, rules, didn't see those"

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

thats a bit odd, but best as a sticky anyway, that way people can comment on them. Announcements we use when we want to tell everyone on Boards that something is happening, best left as the preserve of the admins I think.

Besides, its beer.... come on ... what could be more important :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by DeVore

Besides, its beer.... come on ... what could be more important :)

DeV.

more beer?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

oooooh. Thats cunning.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

just noticed all keeks modships, he should be made mod of the collectors board next, get a good collection going ;)

(i know thats a **** joke, but im tired, gimme a break:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Baz_
    (i know thats a **** joke, but im tired, gimme a break:)
    /smaks Baz_ across face with wet fish

Gah! that was awful! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by smak
    just edit your announcement slightly, and it will move it back above devores.
    Edits don't affect the 'last post date' which is what the DB uses to sort things by date. Replying to it would affect the 'last post date'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by Victor

Edits don't affect the 'last post date' which is what the DB uses to sort things by date. Replying to it would affect the 'last post date'.

Advertisement