Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thin lizzy

Options
  • 20-04-2002 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

i just watched a video of thin lizzy live and it was absolutely brilliant , i kno there a pretty old band but they rock .anybody got any album recommendations for this band ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Live and Dangerous, Johnny The Fox and Jailbreak are the best 3 in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭papashiv0

Thin lizzy do rule well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I really like Renegade. I think it's the most metalish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭papashiv0

Emerald is mine. love that song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Live and Dangerous is the best live album of all time you should be able to pick it up fairly cheep or if youre really flash they recently realesed a specal box set on 4 cd's with a book and all that stuff fairly expensive though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Black Rose - their best stuido album

If you want to hear more mental life stuff you should be able to find a double live album called Life - its near the end so its not as good as Live and Dangerous but its still Lizzy and still amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

if your only starting out listening to them then i recommend either Wild One , Dedication or Live and Dangerous!!!

all are excellent!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I picked up Life for a fiver in the bargain bin of the local music shop ages ago, well chuffed :)

Wan the lizzy.

Where'd you get this live video? I'd like to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Their last album "Thunder and Lightning" was their most metally album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Seeing Thin Az Lizzy at the local, got me to love Thin Lizzy....... I started to collection their cds. Ive got nearly all of them....and I hope to get "Life" soon, now that the students loan in :)

Live album: Live and Dangerous
    Studio album: Jailbreak or Black rose

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Live and Dangerous, Thunder and Lightning and Roisin Dubh are simply class. Must haves:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Wild One is a very good intro to them. Although they could have actually included the song itself.
    As for albums, I'd go for Jailbreak and Roisin Dubh (Black Rose).
    Also, if you ever get the chance to see one of the tribute bands, Thin As Lizzy are fantastic (as Johnny_the_fox said) and Limehouse Lizzy are pretty good too.

yeah got tot agree with you there frank - wild one should be on that album!!!

OLD_YELLAR - what was the name of the video and where did you get it?!?

Originally posted by ayatollah
    OLD_YELLAR - what was the name of the video and where did you get it?!?

I've seen one or two videos knocking around. The one I usually see is from the Live and Dangerous era line up. I've seen it in nearly all the record shops in Dublin.

does anyone know / recomend any particular one as being exceptionally good - and how much spondulix are we talking about here???

They're all average video prices (about £14, so whatever that works out as in €). I should actually buy it myself :)

damn skippy you should - i wont be able to buy it for a while - not working during exams - but there is a good place in town called BPM and they always have stuff that you wouldnt find anywhere else for pretty cheap too!!

i would recommend them strongly if your ever in waterford you should check them out!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

the name of the video is The Boys are back in town , i think it was got in porters newsagents in waterford , if there are no copies left here then sinnotts music store in waterford should be able to help you out .

sweet i'll check out porters tomorrow!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Jailbreak is the best by far, of the rest
    well worth a listen
    you don't know what your missin

• Advertisement

a friend of mine got an original copy of jailbreak on vinyl in rainbow records for like £6 - they hjave some excellent finds!!!!!

Advertisement