Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Cuban Cigars .....

• 20-04-2002 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Anyone out there into cuban cigars ?

I ve found that instead of buying cigarettes from Spain / Canaries etc. that Cuban cigars are by far better value to buy for your Euro
    from these areas. It also means that you can enjoy the best for more realistic money.
    This has led me to smoke cubans all the time now , as I have a pal in Spain that sends me cigars in my business mail .

My favourites so far :

Montecristo No. 4s
    Cohiba Esplendidos
    Romeo & Julietta No 3

I was lucky enough that this pal of mine had visisted Cuba recently and bagged me a box of the Cohiba esplendidos. these retail in Ireland for £ 720 IRP a box ( 25 ) !
    I got them for £ 125 ! thats a huge saving . A decent box of romeos can be had for about £ 50 - instead of £ 200 here.
    Anybody else do this ??? I m pulling on a R&J Cedros 3 here ... lovely jubblie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ahh that sounds just fab!
    My Grandad grew his own tobacco leaves and used to tell us that in his earlier days he would roll his own cigars on the thighs of beautiful women. What a life. Unfortunately I hate the things, wish I didn't, they smell so nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

total agreement with you Gordon , there is just something about the smell of cigars , its great , and i dont even smoke .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭KyUss

Just got a lovely box of 25 R&J Exceptionales in the post yesterday from me mate in spain.

These are about 5 inch length medium thick size, with a lovely chocolatey texture to them ... had one last nite and it was great.

the nice thing about it is that they only cost 49,50 Euro for the box. Thats 1,98 each !

It is crazy to see that the horrid Half Coronas that you buy in tne newsagents cost 6.30 Euro for a box of 5, which is 1,25 each , when you can have the finest in Cuban tobacco for marginally more.

Im not sure but I reckon the box of R&Js would cost over 200 euro in a cigar shop here. Crazy taxes and crazy profit margins ahoy. I recommend anyone who is vaguely interested in smoking cigars trys this out. For personal consumption only of course.

aughhhhhh i can almost smell them from here , keep up the good work .

Im telling you for sure OLDYELLAR, the smoke smell is far superior to the nasty whiff from the industrial muck tobacco , like Hamlets and Pikeurs etc

And anyway - you dont need to be a smoker as such to enjoy the odd one or two cigars on occassion.

The other myth about cigars is that they are very strong and choking ... which they can be if you inhale too much.

But a fine cigar should be mellow and even sweet to the taste - and the smoke itself should not be too hot in temp... just dont inhale it too much at first

T

• Advertisement

i seriously feel like rushing out for cigars now boy .the sweet smell from those little babies .i have a fear of becoming a chain smoker though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 scenic

Anybody buy any of these guys from sites on the internet - and have them delivered ?
    Are they any cheaper ?

Havent had to order from the net so far - but i heard that there is a web shop from Portugal that is doing some good reliable biz doing this sort of thing .

Cos as far as I know - as long as the quatities are small ( ie for personal consumption ) this is totally legal .

I ll have a browse around and check it out.

some browsing today i ve come up with

http://www.tfs.globalcyberstore.com/

seems to be OK on price.
    but it doesnt beat getting a local to go into a shop and buy.

The R&Js I got I have receipt for at Euro 49,50

They are charging Euro 84 - for same plus P&P
    still miles cheaper than Dublin retail

Also site contains good info on the ordering/ selection etc

will continue to search

also found today the following

http://www.cubancigarsdirectory.com/

which also links to

http://www.howtocutmycigars.com

they seem to be a good outfit for ordering ... but of course i havent yet.

• Advertisement

Gah, you make it sound so good Kyuss, you are a cigar pusher!!

I had this dream about a cigar a while ago. I dreamt I was smoking a gorgeous coffee flavoured cigar that was shaped like a cone. Does it exist? If not it should, it was a great smoke ;)

Gordon - you have had a prophetic dream as indeed a smoke like that does exist
    I believe the term for a cone shaped cigar is "Cheroot" which you can get alrite although I ve never had one . ( yet )
    Kinda like what youd imagine Southern American Indians would roll up for themselves.

And indeed you get myriads of flavours from different types of stogies

Eg the R&J i m smokin right now is chocolatey smooth , with a little spicyness... whereas I find the Partagas Brand is Hot and spicy - not so smooth. Montecristo I find are spicy but not so hot, with a thick even smoke.
    kinda like describing a wine .

Lovely smokes when drinking a good coffee - or a beer or a whiskey / brandy

MMMMMM

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Yuba Bill

Hi, guys.
    Just thought you would like to know about a new shop on Grafton St- The Decent Cigar Co. It's near the Stephens Green Centre, upstairs facing Scholl shop.
    You can buy a cigar (prices are reasonable for Ireland ) and sit in one of their armchairs to enjoy. People who come in are chatty.
    YB

Hey Yuba Bill !

How are ya

Seen your mug getting plastered last nite. Very nice

T

Advertisement